This article is a travel topic
Waterfalls are some of the most spectacular sights that nature has to offer, and are the frequent goal of many travellers.
The Iguaçu Falls Waterfall
A liter of water weighs a kilogram; a gallon weighs 8.34 pounds. When large amounts of water fall long distances, the forces involved are enormous, easily enough to kill a person or sink a boat.
Some of the most noteworthy waterfalls are:
- Victoria Falls, on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, forms the largest single face of falling water in the world, with a width of 1.7 kilometers and height of 108 meters.
- Angel Falls in Venezuela is the world's highest waterfall with one uninterrupted drop of 807 m (2,647 ft), from a total height of 978 m (3,212 ft)
- Boyoma Falls (formerly, Stanley Falls) on the Congo River in the Democratic Republic of the Congo are the falls that have the the greatest volume of flow - 17 million litres per second over a drop of 60 m
- Niagara Falls, the most-visited waterfall in the world, on the border between Canada and the United States of America
- Boyoma Falls (formerly, Stanley Falls) on the Congo River are the falls with the greatest volume of flow - 17 million litres per second over a drop of 60 m
- Tugela Falls in the Drakensberg is the worlds second highest waterfall with a total drop of 947m in 5 leaps. The highest single drop is 411m.
- Murchison Falls where the Nile River passes through a narrow cleft in the rocks and crashes over a 30 m precipice
China's largest waterfall, the Huangguoshu Waterfall is one of few waterfalls that can be viewed from above, below, front, back, left and right in the world. It is near Anshun in Guizhou.
- Shevi Waterfall is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Iran with a height of about 85 m.
The Shevi Waterfall is located in the north of dezful city. In 17 April 2013, the 1st regional seminar on shevi waterfall of dezful was presented by Jundi-Shapur university of technology, Dezful, Iran.(http://www2.jsu.ac.ir/~shevi)
- Kegon Falls in Chuzenji Famed for its beauty and morbidity as an inspired suicide spot after a poet wrote a suicide note here before jumping off the falls.
- Nachi Falls in Katsuura Arguably the nation's most famous waterfall, it is over 100 feet and serves as a gorgeous backdrop to Kumano Nachi Shrine. The shrine was built here because of the falls, which is believed to house a water spirit.
- Rhine Falls in Switzerland, Europe's largest falls (by volume of water)
- Savica Waterfall in Slovenia has two strands and is 78 meters high. France Prešeren's epic poem “Baptism by the Savica” is one of the great works of Slovene literature.
- Angel Falls in Venezuela, the highest single-drop falls in the world (nearly a kilometer)
- Iguaçu Falls on the border of Brazil and Argentina, are one of the largest and most impressive in the world.
- Kaieteur Falls in Guyana is said to be one of the most powerful waterfalls in the world with 663 cubic meters per second, it also carries the claim to be the highest single drop water fall in the world.
|This travel topic is an outline and should either be merged into an appropriate parent topic or else developed further. It has a template, but there is not enough information present for it to be of real use. It was last edited on 2016-05-1 and will be merged or deleted if not modified for one year. Please plunge forward and rescue it!