Włochy  is a district of Warsaw. Włochy is also the Polish name for Italy, and in broader sense it can also mean "hair". The name of the district probably originates from the immigrants living there, although this is not confirmed. The district is further divided into: Nowe Włochy, Stare Włochy, Raków, Salomea, Okęcie (where the airport is located), Paluch, Załuski and Opacz.
Włochy in highlighted in dark red.
Location of bus termini in Ochota
- Most foreign tourists visit Włochy even though they're usually unaware of this momentous fact. It's because the Frederic Chopin Airport is located here.
- The main streets parallel to Vistula are: ul. Żwirki i Wigury, ul. Grójecka-al. Krakowska and Al. Jerozolimskie.
- The main streets perpendicular to Vistula are: ul. Sasanki-ul. Hynka-ul. Łopuszańska-ul. Kleszczowa and ul. 17 Stycznia (adjacent to the airport).
- The bus and tram terminus Okęcie despite its name is far away from the airport (apparently this is the reason why the airport was recently renamed). The airport is served by bus routes 175 , 188 and 611 and the terminus name is Port Lotniczy.
Slightly beyond the Al. Krakowska transit hub, there is a massive shopping complex with a few big box stores.
- Real Aleja Krakowska 61 large hypermarket.
- Praktiker Aleja Krakowska 61
- MediaMarkt Aleja Krakowska 61 Electronics store.
This district is home to a few 24 hour drive-thru fast food restaurants, such as Mc Donalds, KFC, and Burger King.
- Gromada ul. Żwirki i Wigury 32, tel. +48 22 825 43 91. A campsite.
- Courtyard by Marriott Warsaw International Airport, ul. Zwirki i Wigury 1, ☎ +48 (0/22) 6500 100 (fax: +48 (0/22) 6500 101), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: Noon. edit
- Airport Hotel Okęcie, ul. Stycznia 24, ☎ +48 (0/22) 456 8000 (, fax: +48 (0/22) 456 8029), . edit
- Hotel Dedek, ul. Dźwigowa 43, ☎ +48 (0/22) 863 48 21 (, firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +48 (0/22) 863 31 54), . Basic room begins at 150 zł on the weekend. edit
- Radisson Blu Hotel Sobieski, Plac Artura Zawiszy 1 PL 02-025, ☎ +48 22 5791000, . Located in the heart of the city within easy reach of the Central Railway Station and International Airport. edit