Volcano Village is a city in Puna at the entrance to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Volcano Village is located between Hilo (26 miles) and Kona (97 miles) on Hwy 11 on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Thai Thai, 19-3984 Old Volcano Road, ☎ (808)-967-7969, . 1200-2100, Wednesday closed. The Thai Thai restaurant offers tasty Thai food for dinner, lunch and take out. Reservations may be advisable at peak times. edit
- Kiawe kitchen, 19-4005 Haunani Road, ☎ (808)-967-7711, . Monday-Sunday 11:00AM - 2:30PM and 5:30PM - 8:30PM. Kiawe kitchen is closed as of September 2012. $10 - $30. edit
There are several options for Lodging while visiting Volcano Village and the National Park.
- My Island Inn, (Volcano Village, 1 mi from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park), ☎ +1 808 967-7110, . checkin: 1PM-5PM. A lovely B&B housed in a historic plantation house only a few miles from Volcano National Park (elevation: 4,000 ft). The hosts are long-time natives of the Hawaii Islands and are full of fantastic advice on touring the islands, as well as delightful stories of their own adventures here. The grounds are a beautifully kept profusion of flowers and fruit trees, and many of the fruits make their way into the plentiful (really plentiful!) and delicious breakfasts. $70-165. edit
- Hawaii Volcano Vacations, 19-4104 Anuhea Circle Drive, Volcano, HI 96785, ☎ +1 (808) 967-7271 ([email protected]), . Unique and affordable vacation rentals all less than a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and within walking distance from all the delights the Village has to offer! From $100/Night (double occupancy). edit
- Bamboo Orchid Cottage, 11-3903 10th St (Off Pearl at 26 Mile Marker), ☎ +1 808 985-8920, . checkin: 4PM-6PM; checkout: 11AM. An upscale bed and breakfast 2 miles from the park entrance, Bamboo Orchid Cottage offers a choice of 4 rooms, all with private baths, in the middle of the rainforest. The beautiful grounds feature a hot tub, BBQ area, and covered seating with fire pit. Very relaxing! $139 and Up. edit
- Guest Cottages at Volcano Tree House, 11-3860 11th St (Off Pearl at 26 Mile Marker), ☎ +1 808 985-9592, . checkin: 4PM-6PM; checkout: 11AM. Sleep among the Ohias in this amazing bed and breakfast in a rustic setting. This unique showpiece was built on a lovingly hand-cleared lot and features Ohias growing though the 700+ SF deck and BBQ area and giant tree ferns you can reach out and touch. Don't miss this unforgettable experience! $149 and Up. edit
- The Inn at Volcano, 19-4178 Wright Rd, (toll free: +1 800-937-7786, [email protected], fax: +1 808 967-8660), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Stay close to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park! The charming & unique Inn at Volcano is only a mile from Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii & renown for its elegance, service, style & warm welcome. Great spot to launch an exploration of the Big Island! From $139. edit
- Ohana House, 11-3741 Ala Ohia St, ☎ +1 619-865-9328 ([email protected]), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Popular vacation rental can sleep up to eight people. Nestled in the rainforest with huge picture windows, close to the park but very quiet and peaceful. From $200. edit
You might prefer to stay in Hilo or the Hamakua Coast after a day/early night trip in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Volcano Village.