Vienna is a town in the US state of Virginia, not far from Washington, D.C..
The car is king in Vienna its the most practical way to get around in most of Northern Virginia due to a very basic mass transit system, and sprawl. Sprawl and lacking mass transit of course lead to traffic, the D.C. metro area has the second worst in the United States by some measures, so feel free to drive to and through Vienna just not from 8:00 to 10:00 or 4:30 to 7:00 Monday through Friday. Vienna does have a metro stop, its the end of the line for the D.C. metro's Orange line, however it is almost two miles from the center of town. Buses run the length of the town up and down Maple Avenue, the defacto main street. It is also worth noting that "down town" Vienna is small enough to get around on a bike or on foot, but its a car that will get you in and out of the town.
- Wolf Trap A performing arts center located on national park land. Performances run year round.
- Shulas steak house Step into Shula's Steak House in Tysons Corner and step back to 1972, when Coach Don Shula led the Miami Dolphins to a perfect football season. At Shula’s Steak House, Coach Shula has taken the same winning approach to his steak houses, which means succulent steaks, unparalleled service, and an unbeatable ambiance. 8028 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia 22182. 
- Sunflower Asian-inspired vegetarian restaurant. 2531 Chain Bridge Rd. 
- Nelson's Frozen Custard Very goood! Subs and ice cream, Locally owned and very family friendly. On Church street near lawyers rd
- The Vienna Inn located in the center of Vienna on Maple Avenue. The oldest bar in town is family owned and operated, and locally famous for its $1.50 chili dogs. A basic local bar, still welcoming to outsiders, cheap domestic drafts and hearty reasonably priced meals are its claim to fame. For a night on the town head to D.C. but if you find yourself in Vienna with a couple friends just looking to relax, this is the place.
- Tysons Corner Marriott, 8028 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia 22182, 1-703-734-3200, . Tysons Corner Marriott is located in a thriving business community in suburban Washington DC. This hotel features a 24-hour fitness center, swimming pool, and is close to fine dining and shopping.
- Sheraton Hotel - Tysons Corner, 8661 Leesburg Pike, (703) 448-1234, . 15 minutes from Washington Dulles Airport, and just 20 minutes from downtown Washington, DC.
- Embassy Suites Tysons Corner, 8517 Leesburg Pike, 1-703-883-0707, . 15 minutes from Washington Dulles Airport, and just 20 minutes from downtown Washington, DC. Excellent hotel at a GREAT price.
- Courtyard Dunn Loring Fairfax, 2722 Gallows Road, Vienna, Virginia 22180 USA, ☎ 703-573-9555, . The Courtyard Dunn Loring Fairfax hotel near the Washington, DC Metro is centrally located to give travelers access to Washington, DC, Tyson's Corner and the Merrifield and Falls Church business districts. (38.880432,-77.227692) edit
- The Vienna Police the town has a very large police force for both its physical size and population. When you enter the town limits on most roads the speed limits drop by 10mph. The police are quite vigilant in enforcing the speed limit especially along Route 123 entering and leaving town from either side. Also Vienna was an enthusiastic user of red light cameras using them on more than 10% of intersections with traffic signals until the state banned such cameras. The ban was recently lifted so the cameras will probably be making a comeback.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!