Vidzeme is a region in northeastern Latvia, bordering Estonia.
- Cesis - town with many historic attractions.
- Ligatne - a great natural park with wildlife animals and "fairy tale" forest with characters from famous latvian fairytales.
- Madona - a scenic town surrounded by hills, forests and lakes, considered as a winter sports capital of Latvia.
- Valka - unique town on the border - that crosses the town centre - with Estonia. Due to the future plans it is close to regain the status of important cultural centre.
- Valmiera - is the largest town in Vidzeme region, famous for it's innovative library.
- Latvian is the official language of Latvian Republic.
- English is the best option with youth as it is normally being taught as the first foreign language in the schools.
- Russian is widely spoken by mid-age and eldery people
- People of northern areas (near Valka) may talk Estonian.
- German was taught in some schools during the Soviet times, some people may still speak it in basic level