Vashon Island is an Island near Seattle,WA.
By Boat & Car
Vashon Island is accessible by ferry (capable of carrying vehicles)  and small plane. Ferry terminals are located on the northern and southern ends of the island. They are at:
- TheVashon Ferry Terminal (Heights Dock) at Point Vashon on the northern end of the island has ferry service to Southworth, Fauntleroy, and downtown Seattle.
- The Tahlequah Ferry Terminal on the southern end of the island has ferry service to Point Defiance in Tacoma.
- From the Tacoma Dome station and downtown Tacoma the #11 bus goes up to the Point Defiance ferry terminal. The #10 bus goes from Tacoma Community College (along N Pearl & Vassault) to the ferry terminal also. From downtown the #1 and 2 bus provide the most direct route to Tacoma Community College at S 19th & Mildred. Passengers continue onward from the Talequah Ferry terminal on the #118 bus.
- From downtown Seattle the #116 bus goes to the Fauntleroy Ferry Terminal only during the weekday afternoon rush hour and to downtown Seattle during the morning rush hour. Otherwise the C Line bus goes by the Fauntleroy Ferry Terminal at other times of the day (when the 116 bus is not running) and weekends between downtown Seattle & Westwood Village in W Seattle.
There is also a small municipal airport  for general aviation towards the north end of the island southeast of 115th Ave Sw & SW 160th St intersection. The closest thing to a 'commercial' flight is really a charter flight by | Vashon Island Air whose office on the island is at 12341 Vashon Hwy SW (Tel: 206-567-4994). Otherwise the next nearest commercial airport is over at Seattle Tacoma International Airport in SeaTac.
- King County Metro Routes #118 & 119  go the full length of the island. The 118 bus goes from one ferry terminal to the other while the 119 goes from the Vashon ferry terminal on the north end to 99th Ave SW & SW 264th St on Maury Island (another little island sticking out from the southwest side of the bigger Vashon Island). Otherwise having a car would be necessary as the buses on the island are infrequent. Some people may bike the distances on the island but must be prepared for the hills in some areas.
- Robinson Point Park and Lighthouse, 3705 SW Pt. Robinson Rd., Dockton, WA. A 10 acre shoreline park with a lighthouse. There are a few hiking trails and picnic tables. The keeper's quarters of the lighthouse have been restored and are available for weekly rental. edit
- Bike in a Tree, (Near the corner of Vashon Highway and SW 204 St). A bike swollowed up in a tree. This is the actual bike in a tree woven into the story "Red Ranger Came Calling" by Berkeley Breathed edit
- Vashon Pharmacy, 17617 Vashon Hwy SW · Vashon, WA 98070 (Town Center), ☎ (206) 463-9118. M-F 9AM-7PM Sat 9AM-6PM Sun 11AM-1PM. It's not just a pharmacy. Vashon Pharmacy is more like a huge gift shop. edit
- Gusto Girls Restaurant, 17629 Vashon Hwy SW · Vashon, WA 98070 (Downtown Vashon), ☎ (206) 463-6626, . 5PM -11PM. Fresh local food. edit
- The Hardware Store Restaurant, 17601 SW Vashon Hwy · Vashon Island, WA 98070-0369 (SW corner of Bank Rd. and the Highway), ☎ (206) 463-1800, . A nice restaurant in the oldest commercial building on Vashon edit
- The Red Bicycle, 17618 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon, WA 98070 (In the middle of town, in the blue and red building), ☎ 206-463-5959, . Formerly known as Bishop's, The Red Bicycle is a local hangout with decent beer and live music on the weekends edit
- Artist's Studio Loft Bed and Breakfast, 16529 91st Avenue SW Vashon Island, WA 98070, . Peaceful quiet retreat $119-215. edit
- Pt. Robinson Keepers' Quarters, 3705 SW Pt. Robinson Rd., Dockton, WA, ☎ 206-463-9602 (email@example.com), . $975-1580/wk. edit