Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel. To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. The owners of hotels, restaurants, bars, attractions, and other businesses catering to travellers are welcome to share information that helps others in their travels however they should adhere strictly to our policies and guidance. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. -- IBAlex 19:12, 14 January 2013 (EST)
Thank you for updating many of your hotel listings.
Okay, I will be sure to backtrack on the previously edited hotel listings to make sure they are using the correct format and ensure they are in the format for other hotel listings that still need updating. --VagabondInn
- Thanks for your anticipated compliance.
- Wikitravel is the second largest on-line travel guide after Lonely Planet so it will be well worth your while spending a few hours with our MoS learning to format your multiple listings correctly.
- Although your edit summary here said " Edited Vagabond Inn info to WikiTravel's required hotel formatting standard", I'm afraid it is still non-compliant.
- Your listing (after editing) was:
- While I'm glad to see that you now use our approved abbreviation of "Wi-Fi" rather than WiFi, the phone numbers are not correctly formatted in international format and there is no pricing information whatsoever!. (Street should also be abbreviated to St). And the times are formatted incorrectly.
- I intend to purge incomplete and out-dated sleep entries in the near future, so if you bother to learn to format listings correctly, this may well give your chain a considerable commercial advantage...
- PS: Please also take a look at UUTP to see how to use talk pages better... --Ttcf (talk) 20:38, 12 March 2014 (EDT)
- Give me at least 48 hours before removing our hotel info, and I should have all the hotel listings revised correctly. My work day is almost over, so I will resume again tomorrow. Thanks. --Vagabond Inn
- I see that you've already made a good start with this latest entry:
- Thank you for adding pricing information - which is vital - and putting the phone number in international format so that it can be dialled "as is" from mobile phones. I appreciate that it can be difficult with generic motel type listings to write lively prose and I think the factual information you have added is useful to travellers. I also appreciate that you have placed your entry in abc order.
- Please don't hesitate to post in the Travellers' Pub if there are any further issues... --Ttcf (talk) 15:39, 13 March 2014 (EDT)
Hello! It's clear to me that you are a marketer, trying to promote Vagabond hotel in our guide. Please know that adding same generic listing to multiple pages is against our guidance. Wikitravel is not yellow pages. Normally I would have to delete all your listings. However, I will not do it this time mainly because you added them to pages that don't have that many hotel options in section Sleep. Therefore, I believe that your listings could actually benefit the traveler. I ask you, however, not to add them anymore to pages that have a reasonable number of Sleep options (I would say 5 or more), otherwise I would be deleting them. Please know that we always keep the traveler in mind and we don't want to incluse listings that would have no value for the traveler. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 13:50, 13 March 2014 (EDT)