To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
- Welcome from me as well. Just a tip, that [[Hamilton (Ontario)|]] is a shortcut for [[Hamilton (Ontario)|Hamilton]]. --inas 21:19, 5 January 2011 (EST)
You've been busy! I see you've left a number of talk page comments that don't always get answered right away. Be aware that often people read them but may wait until someone more knowledgeable comes along to answer (for example Talk:Hawaii#Outline?). If you have a question that you really want answered and a day goes by without comment, feel free to put it back on the Special:RecentChanges list by making a whitespace or other minimal edit with the summary "*bump*" (example) and people will likely give it further attention. -- Ryan • (talk) • 15:14, 20 January 2011 (EST)
- Thanks for letting me know! :) Sumone10154 00:19, 21 January 2011 (EST)
I was advised elsewhere to remove the climate section of the Gabrovo entry because climate is covered by the entry on Bulgaria. However, I have no strong feelings about this issue. RobertSullivan1973
- I think it's fine to keep the climate section for a city; we do that for many other cities (such as Dublin or Milwaukee), and I don't know about Bulgaria, but different cities may have different climates. –sumone10154 12:08, 7 February 2011 (EST)
- Добре. Няма проблем. (Alright. No problem.)RobertSullivan1973
 Routebox expedition
I gotta say, I like the idea of an expedition. Although frankly, my personal life is pretty busy at the moment, so I can't really dedicate much time to it at the moment. But I still like the idea...It might be good to see if you can get a couple more members to commit to a Routebox expedition; then we could have the critical mass we need to properly set one up and maintain it. PerryPlanet Talk 15:26, 23 March 2011 (EDT)
Re: this edit, I should point out that I-787 doesn't go through Troy either. =) Anyway, the point of routeboxes is not to provide a geographically accurate portrait of exactly which towns a highway passes through, but rather to get people to other destinations along the route. Troy is in the I-87 corridor, even if it is several miles away. Maybe a compromise and say "Troy via I-787" instead of removing it entirely? LtPowers 08:21, 1 April 2011 (EDT)
 Template changes
A quick request - when making template changes, can you make sure to use the "Summary" box or the template's talk page to explain the change you're trying to make? Some of the templates you've changed are used in a LOT of places, so anything that can be done to make it clear what the expected result of a given change should be would be hugely helpful. -- Ryan • (talk) • 19:12, 19 April 2011 (EDT)
- Ok, I'll do that. –sumone10154 19:13, 19 April 2011 (EDT)
 Notice from IBlegal
Please be advised your recent actions communicating directly with members of Wikitravel could put you in violation of numerous federal and state laws. We strongly urge you to cease and desist all action detrimental to Wikitravel.org. If you persist in this course of conduct, you will potentially be a named defendant, and therefore liable for any and all resulting damages.--IBlegal 14:51, 21 August 2012 (EDT)
- I have tried to start a discussion of this message at User talk:IBlegal. Pashley 00:34, 22 August 2012 (EDT)
- Thanks for letting me know. –sumone10154 02:28, 22 August 2012 (EDT)
 Reverts and your block
Hi Sumone, please do not revert edits made by IBadmins, which are done for site reasons and deal only with outside discussions that have been brought to WT against IB policy. Your account has been temp blocked for 3 days. If you would like to be reinstated sooner and have understood this message and its intent, and you're willing to follow this directive, please contact me at Paul (dot) Obrien (at) internetbrands (dotcom) and I will do so immediately. Thank you for your attention and your continued contributions to Wikitravel. --IBobi talk email 17:24, 1 September 2012 (EDT)
- Given new regulations, users are banned for non-written and non-existent policies. That's great! 22.214.171.124 18:38, 1 September 2012 (EDT)
- I, too am concerned that folks should clearly know the correct way to behave here.
- Do you know which policy or policies here need to be explicitly modified?
- If not, would you like to begin preparing a draft of explicit policy on this in your own user space (and post a link here) so that we all know exactly where the red lines lie as far as "IBadmins" are concerned? --W. Franke-mailtalk 17:12, 3 October 2012 (EDT)
 Administrator Nomination
Recently you truthfully pointed out that there were few active administrators here.
- Sure, you may nominate me if you'd like. –sumone10154(talk) 22:52, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
- Good; I've nominated you.
- Whether you are given the tools by an IBadmin or not, I would welcome your collaboration (perhaps in a wee while when things have settled down) with clarifying which policies have become redundant or need changing or crystallising, and which continue unchanged. Personally, I would also welcome a clear statement by the server owners of both future development plans and the content boundaries in user space which the server owners and/or their employees may well have thought implicit, or too obvious to make explicit before July 2012. --W. Franke-mailtalk 10:15, 7 October 2012 (EDT)