To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
OK you need to stop those hotel additions for a moment, and try to rework the ones you've added with the following information, or I'm going to delete the whole lot. You can find a list of your contributions here.
- Price ranges, from commercial users we have every expectation that the price range for a standard double room is included in the listing, like €110-160
- Don't include city, postal code and country in the listings - it's already given in the city!
- Don't describe where to hotel is, you can do that in your advertisements - not here, we want to know why we would sleep there, not where we can go! and that in a non non touting tone.
- And not using this account, where you've been told these things already, repeatedly, is bad faith editing, and I'm very tempted to outright blacklist your name and url unless you start listening and change your ways, and talking to us. --Stefan (sertmann) Talk 06:58, 20 October 2009 (EDT)
- And adding hotel lisitngs with urls to your own booking engine (poorly disguised) is not going to help your case. I will revert them all and see if an administrator sees fit to outright blacklist you. --Burmesedays 10:26, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
It says in this users page that is a sockpupet of leonardo_hotels. I see someone has spoken to this person but is anything going to be done with this account? Cleaner 10:08, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- We generally go to great lengths to avoid banning people here, rather resorting to short temporary blocks, blacklisting domains and other soft security measures. There is a general aversion against going the path of Wikipedia in this regard. So unless things get substantially worse - no. --Stefan (sertmann) 말하다 10:21, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
We had to remove your listings as they looked touty. You have added blocks of the same content to many articles. Some of your listings broke also the formatting in the articles. Please get familiar with our policies before contributing again to Wikitravel. Thank you! IBAlex (talk) 20:15, 23 July 2013 (EDT)