Buggy Santa Fe article?
Hey John, are you able to read the Santa Fe (New Mexico) article in its current revision without any problems? I made a few changes to reflect this weekend's trip there, and with the browser I'm presently using, the page breaks somewhere in the "Museums" section. Don't know whether it's a buggy browser or a problem with the text that I introduced with the afternoon's edits. Could you check it and get back to me? Thanks. -- Bill-on-the-Hill 19:10, 19 February 2008 (EST)
- Yea, looks like it's an antiquated browser at work. The page looks fine from my home machine. Thanks for checking. -- Bill-on-the-Hill 00:07, 20 February 2008 (EST)
- Yep, and all my stumbling around with that Chicago overview map means I can appreciate the effort that goes into a nice map like that! --Peter Talk 21:00, 23 February 2008 (EST)
 Thanks for your Denver contributions.
Just want to give my gratitude to the Denver page. That map in particular really makes the article shine. Thanks, Vertigo700 20:44, 29 February 2008 (EST)
 Style tag on Albuquerque
I put that because there is little precedence for dividing the restaurant listings into local cuisine and non-local cuisine. If that were MoS-kosher, I'm sure every city in Japan would have to have Japanese and Non-Japanese sections. The same would be true for many thousands of other locations too. Why should Albuquerque get special treatment? Texugo 20:15, 30 March 2008 (EDT)
- Albuquerque is a good example of a type of article not handled well by the MoS, or our conventions in general: the "large-but-not-huge" city, and at that, one with a number of interesting features for the traveler for its size. Districtifying the article doesn't make sense, but neither does reducing the number of restaurants to fit our empirically supported position against long lists. So how does one handle the large number of restaurants worth the traveler's attention (and I speak from experience with many of them)? A division by cuisine seems as sensible as anything else, particularly given that New Mexican cuisine is a clearly identifiable thing and that many travelers to Albuquerque will specifically want to know where to get it. If there is a clash here between article content and MoS, tweaking the MoS seems more likely to meet the TTCF goal than messing around with content that really does help the traveler as it currently exists. -- Bill-on-the-Hill 22:35, 30 March 2008 (EDT)
 San Francisco
Good News...I got a promotion at work last month (yay!) Bad News...I start my new role tomorrow and my hours are going to be crazy - I will almost certianly have to give up my new Wiki hobby for a while. So, I am just going to have to leave SF in your capable hands. I am going to try to get the Civic Center article up to 'guide' standards today (perhaps tomorrow). Other than that, I'll leave it up you to polish the guide articles we worked on into shining STARS. Good Luck... Asterix 14:39, 30 April 2008 (EDT)
- Hey there, good to see FWharf made it into a star! I'll have a bit of time on my hands for a little while, and I was wondering whether it would be a great deal more work to convert Chinatown-NB article into a star as well. I just did a bit of copyediting on it today. What do you think...is there much missing??? Asterix 16:42, 8 July 2008 (EDT)
 My God... it's full of content
Whoa! Nice job on SF especially the Wharf! -- Colin 03:25, 9 June 2008 (EDT)
- I like your changes. Thank you.Michelle Burton 21:24, 14 July 2008 (EDT)
 Castro Hotel on the map
Just a heads up, I added the Castro Hotel to Image:Sanfrancisco chinatownnorthbeach map.PNG & Image:Sanfrancisco chinatownnorthbeach map.svg, so you might want to download the two to update your backups. --Peter Talk 23:33, 31 July 2008 (EDT)
 Admin nomination
 Walt Disney World Resort maps
Hi! I just finished giving the WDW article a big makeover, and it is now well on its way to being a Star article. However, the biggest issue now is the maps.
- I rearranged the Sleep section so that the entries are now in alphabetical order. I think you should update the map to reflect that. Also, lenghten the name of the map to "Walt Disney World Resort" or just "Walt Disney World", since that's the name of the article and it's clearly addressed in the infobox under Understand.
- Good job, but it looks like someone noticed a minor error: Two hotels (All-Star Movies and Music) are in the wrong places.
- From the nomination discussion, it seems the only things we need now are maps of the theme parks (and possibly the water parks, Downtown Disney, and Disney's Boardwalk as well) showing the locations of the attractions. (No need to worry about shops or restaurants - the Buy and Eat sections aren't comprehensive and we don't expect them to be.)
Let's make this article a Star! -- User:Jonathan_784 9/10/08 9:38 PM CDT
Update 9/16/08: About your comment on my discussion board regarding five maps for the article: I don't expect you or anyone else to produce so many maps at once. I just read over a few other Star articles that have only one map and have decided that this article is definitely of Star quality with or without additional maps.
 Mexico City deletions?
Hi Perry. I've been working on Mexico City, writing reviews where there are just listings and am confused as to why you deleted my review of a hotel in the Splurge section, so that just the listing appears now. Was there something in my writing that you did not agree with? I've worked for a travel publishing company for years, and as a writer, so I'm suprised that you are deleting my reviews with no explanation. --MarinaK 13:58, 17 September 2008 (EDT)MarinaK.
Hehehe, no worries! --220.127.116.11 16:27, 17 September 2008 (EDT)MarinaK.
awesome work on your map of san fran districts !!! happy day of the dead, Edmontonenthusiast 01:35, 1 November 2008 (EDT)!!!
Hey Perry Planet! I forgot to give you this last night! Ooops! Anyways, I saw some of your maps in San Francisco and Charlotte and I believe some other cities and well, I thought they were very good. That's why I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing on for Downtown Edmonton, and please tell me you've heard of Edmonton (6th largest Canadian city), hehehe. Please note, there is a Central district, but when I ask for the map I don't mean the entire distric, jut one neighbourhood-Downtown! I would give you all the INFORMATION as to what to put, etc. you'd just need to apply it to a map. So what do you think? Please reply in my talk page or in the Central Edmonton talk. If you need more information, here: Talk:Edmonton/Central, I believe it's in and around the bottom. Hopefully you'd learn some about Edmonton ;). Anyways, have a good day! Keep smiling, ee talk 17:10, 7 November 2008 (EST).
 All the information to Downtown Edmonton Map
Hiya PerryPlanet! Thanks again, so here is the information for the map. I think it's pretty self explanatory...
If you have any questions, please ask, and just let me know when you get this in my talk page, THANKS!
So the orange areas are well shoppihg areas (i.e. Malls, streets, etc.). For thee ones that are streets (Rice Howard Way and 104th Street shopping area) just take the part of the street and instead of have it white or whatever the colour, have it the colour orange like you see Granville Mall in this Vancouver map (enlarge and see): thumb|500px|center
Get it? Then you label those streets accordingly to their shopping names: Rice Howard Way (just name one of the streets) and 104th Street shopping area.
The ones that are physical buildings in particular (City Centre, TELUS Plaza, Manulife & Commerce Place) those you fill in the entire area that's squared off for it in orange like the street one(s) and then label it acordingly.
For the pukey yellowey or green colour those are institutions that have little-to-no need for the traveller staying under a week. But they are good to note. You are gonna fill them in like the malls in the squared off zone, then label them, like this Denver map:
Like for example the library or the convention centre in that map, get it?
Other than that, I think I've covered everything, should be like your regular map. Remember to label all the streets, the LRT line (Central Station, Bay Station, etc.), and THE RIVER! Not to mention the BRIDGES. Thankyou very much.
Also, remember it may need to get updated, so always keep that in mind. THANK YOU.
- Go to my UserTalk, I see you did a revision, but there's some more you need to revise. Thanks, Keep smiling, ee talk 20:37, 8 November 2008 (EST).
 Question on Edmonton Map
 fix on dt map
 more edmonton maps
I was wondering if you'd be interested in more maps related to Edmonton? It's ok to say no. I'd need:
- Entire central district
- Old Strathcona.
 OLIVER AND OLD STRATHCONA
Well I made up all the info for Oliver and Old Strath. maps for Edmonton. Pick one and start it, and after do the other. I will get information for other maps.
Old Strathcona Edmonton Image:Old strath.JPG Old Strathcona's south of the river near the University of Alberta.
Oliver Edmonton Image:OLIVERMAP.JPG Oliver is just west of downtown and is very high dense.
Anyways, I think you get it.
Hey Perry, I was hoping you could do an update on the old Strathcona map. No rush, you could start it next weekend or tomorrow, whatever. You seem busy, how's school. About the map, I would recommend two things as the listings are getting cramped and they aren't fitting their location. Either enlarge the blocks akin to downtOwn's, or do a inset where there'll be a zoom in of the most filled up area. What do you think? If you were to do the zoom thing, it'd be 107 St in the w, 103 St in the e, 84 ave in the n, 81aveinthes. Image:Perrynewoscmp.PNG
- Maybe if you just reformatted this one to have larger blocks and have it blank, then I could re - give you the listings because as they are now, they aren't actually in those spots really, so I could fix up the locations, show em to you on a map, and then you can properly fix it. edmontonenthusiast [ee] .T.A.L.K. 20:15, 15 December 2008 (EST).
 Edit's to Edmonton Downtown Map
I'll use this when I need you to update the downtown map.
Nov 9 - Hey! I know you just like did the downtown map. But I was wondering if you could ad 10 listings. They're all under Buy and on the map of yours I edited-it's in dark green! Thanks! Image:Edit1.PNG
 edits to oliver map
Some errors, some things I'd like changed. Thanks.
The ones with line through means get rid of. The ones with dash and then another name means you did a typo or I gave you the wrong name. Then there is 3 to add. Thanks! Image:Edit2.PNG
Another edit-small! Thanks! Sorry, I'm just finding more and more stuff ;).
 Vancouver map
I was wondering if you'd like to do an edit to the Vancouver (Downtown/West End/GASTOWN) map. All the roads n stuff is there, you'd just need to add listings. Thoughts? Keep smiling, ee talk 20:36, 10 November 2008 (EST).
 Edmonton wikitravel press
Hey Perry, I am working with Jpotakol to maybe do a press book for Edmonton. I was wondering two things. 1) Could you help a bit? 2) I definitely need those maps for in there that you did, but you'd have to convert them to fit. Would you accept to do that? Keep smiling, ee talk 14:19, 15 November 2008 (EST). left another comment i n my talk. keep smiling, ee talk 00:31, 16 November 2008 (EST).
 What's new?
Hey Perry! Just wondering whats new and stuff. You seemed quite busy last time we talked...whatcha been busy with? Well thats all-OT that's for sure. Keep smiling, edmontonenthusiast [ee] talk 12:47, 17 November 2008 (EST).
 Central Edmonton Map
Hey Perry, thought I'd see if you're up for this this weekend, I asked like 2 wks ago ;). Anyways If you cant thant's fine.
First things first, all I want is the river labelled, all the streets (WITH NAMES), the little inset things like Albuquerque for Downtown and Oliver, proper labelling of all the neighbourhhods. You can put in the parks, but don't labell them yet. Don't add in Kingsway Garden Mll. Add in the other districts (as parts of them appear in here) but have it greyed out but still have the street's visible (use Edmonton district map for reference to borders if you need). Add in Commonwealth Place and Rexall place (towards the east [buildings]) but dont' label them. Labell the LRT though. Other than that I think I've covered evetything. Basically just a basic map then I'll ask for updates afterwards ;).
 wt maps
I want to thank you for all the maps you've done for all the places you've done on Wikitravel. Though you may not think it, you have really helped Wikitravel because there is a shortage of maps. Thank you. edmontonenthusiast [ee] .T.A.L.K. 20:54, 26 November 2008 (EST).
- Well thank you EE. As for the map situation on Wikitravel, it's not great, but it's much better than it was when I first joined. A lot of people have worked to make it much easier for newcomers to learn how to make maps, so we're definitely getting somewhere. PerryPlanet Talk 21:13, 26 November 2008 (EST)
 PIT PA
 Dear, PerryPlanet
First, I thank you. You can understand easily that I'm not good in English.
I'm translating on WikiPedia from English to Turkish.
I'm 58 years old. But I'm feeling Myself as young as you.
I'm living in Istanbul. I'm Turkish. I must say you are lucky. Because you have all opportunity . Your native language is English. But my native language is Turkish.
Everything is diffucult for me. You don't need dictionary but I need.
If you ask me about Turkey, or other things I'll try answer them.--hasanbay 14:44, 29 November 2008 (EST)
my e-mail :email@example.com
Hey, do you find Edmonton interesting? If you do, would you mind helping with me in Edmonton's CotM next month, I noticed CotMs are unsuccesfful usually, so I wanna make sure there are people to help. Even if you don't know much on the city, you can look for grammar errors, missing addresses, or if you know something missing. Plus, you'd learn about the city. What do you think? Thank you - in advance, if you say yes. Totally fine if you don't. edmontonenthusiast [ee] .T.A.L.K. 17:55, 16 December 2008 (EST).
 Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas Perry! I hope you have/ing good day! I want to thank you for the maps and updatin them as they really are a help. I also wanna thank you for all the other maps from all kinds of different cities you have done, along with a couple star articles. That took a lot of work, and I appreciate that. You are something to look up to on this site and I thank you very much. Hope you have a great New Year. Happy holidays, edmontonenthusiast [ee] .T.A.L.K. 12:46, 25 December 2008 (EST).