Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel. Please take a sec to look at our copyleft and policies and guidelines, but feel free to plunge forward and edit some pages. Scanning the Manual of style, especially the article templates, can give you a good idea of how we like articles formatted. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub.
Please give your images descriptive English names that follow the Wikitravel:Image policy. The Image:천불동계곡1.jpg cannot be typed unless a Korean(?) keyboard extension is used. Also your (?) images need to be released - please advise the phographer or copyright owner, date (year), and release the image under CC-by-SA 1.0 or more generous licence. Non-compliant images get deleted -- Huttite 04:13, 18 Jan 2006 (EST)
Image copyright releases
All images you upload to Wikitravel MUST comply with the Wikitravel:Image policy. You must identify:
- Copyright owner (photographer or source of image)
- Date of image (Year taken is enough)
- Copyright release under CC-by-SA 1.0 or a more generous licence.
This is because the images you upload will be redisributed by others. Non-compliant images will be deleted. The following images you have uploaded do not currently follow the Wikitravel:Image policy: -- Huttite 02:26, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Image:권금성 케이블카.JPG (revision 1) is a clear copyright violation from the Yonghap News. It will be deleted. -- Huttite 02:26, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Image:권금성 케이블카.JPG (Revision 2) has not been released. It will still be deleted because it was loaded over the top of the previous version. -- Huttite 03:28, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Image:강원도 위치.지역.GIF is believed to be a copyright violation. It will be deleted. -- Huttite 02:26, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Image:월정사.JPG has not been released. It appears to be a commercial photograph. Where is it from? -- Huttite 02:26, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Image:춘천마임축제.JPG appears to be your own work and has been attributed to you. When was it taken? One assume you have released this image under a CC-by-SA 1.0 licence. However, do you have a photography release from the performers and model release for crowd, or was this a free performance in a public place? -- Huttite 02:26, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Image:천불동계곡1.jpg appears to be your own work but needs to be released according to the Wikitravel:Image policy. Did you take the photograph? When? Please answer these questions on the image, so it can comply. -- Huttite 02:26, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
You appear to be a thief. The content of the Gangwon article may be very interesting but appears to be copied content from another website. What website(s) does it come from? Copying without permission is plagiarism and is considered a copyright violation. What rights or permissions do you have from the website(s) owners to copy the information here? Produce them here too. You need to totally rewrite, reword and rephrase all the Gangwon information for it to be acceptable. It cannot just be copied with only minor alterations -- Huttite 02:51, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
- I am korean who live in Gangwon-do. I have worked in trading company since 1999. Sometimes from abroad main custom visit my office and we introduce our culture. For example food, drink, sightseeing place etc. So I think I have a lot of knowledge about Gangwon-do than common person. And in chance I read about wikitravel.com from korean magazine 'Weekly Dong-a' last week. I felt interest your site and decide to update Gangwon-do informations. so I contacted with Gangwon-do infomation center and Gangwon province hall tourism marketing branch. They were appreciated with my intention and gave information and right. For example brochure, book, map, picture, right of using their homepage' picture and contents. Anyway Thank for your advice and concern. and until tomorrow I will correct all image according to Wikitravel MUST(Copyright owner, photographer or source of image,Date of image Year taken is enough Copyright release under CC-by-SA 1.0 or a more generous licence). Again thank you.seon-ok Hong 06:04, 19 JAN 2006 (EST)
- Thank you for explaining that. Are you sure both you, the Gangwon-do infomation center and the Gangwon province hall tourism marketing branch understand what a CC-by-SA 1.0 copyright licence means? It is explained in Korean at this website http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/1.0/
- It basically means that anything you add to the Wikitravel website can be copied, edited and used by anyone, for free. The only restrictions are that anyone who does this must identify who the author(s) were and provide a link back to the original Wikitravel article so the changes can be seen and the article can be updated. If they change or redistribute the article then they are also bound by the same licence. This is not quite the same as being in the public domain but is very similar.
- Please confirm that the Gangwon province hall tourism marketing branch accept this licence. A signed written letter from them on their letterhead would be the best confirmation. Scan a copy of the letter and upload it to the website as a picture, as proof. -- Huttite 05:03, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
I received permission form from Gangwon province hall about using pictures.
please confirm and I will wait for your answer. Thank you.
Picture permission form by seon-ok Hong
- Thank you for uploading the Permission Form. From what I can tell it appears that the Gangwon Provincial Government are permitting you, and just you, to add the text (information) from their website to Wikitravel. I am not sure if that is completely satisfactory for us and I will have to ask some of the other Wikitravel users for their opinion about that permission being enough.
- However, because the Gangwon Provincial Government retain copyright over the pictures, you cannot use the pictures from their website here at all. The copyright restriction means that the Gangwon Provincial Government wish to control how these images are used. This means the images are NOT released under a CC-by-SA licence. (The CC-by-SA licence allows the images to be used freely by other people without the permission of the Gangwon Provincial Government . That means the website pictures cannot be uploaded here as the Gangwon Provincial Government restriction is not compatable with the CC-by-SA licence. Sorry. -- Huttite 06:56, 20 Jan 2006 (EST)
- The release is insufficient since the copyright owner is not explicitly releasing the content into the Public Domain or licensing it with our license. The document needs to be more explicit. Try asking that they release both their text and images into the Public Domain. -- Colin 10:42, 20 Jan 2006 (Est)