Quitting Wikitravel?
For something I wrote? I'm really not that important you know? -- Mark 09:31, 27 Apr 2004 (EDT)
- Hey Nils, it would be a shame if you quit, I've really appreciated your input on various articles and issues. You're a good antidote to Evan ;) Matthewmayer 17:39, 27 Apr 2004 (EDT)
- Well, hey, what isn't? B-) --Evan 02:24, 28 Apr 2004 (EDT)
- ROFL. Thanks. -- Nils 02:21, 22 May 2004 (EDT)
 Welcome back
Good to see your name again! --Nzpcmad 21:52, 5 May 2004 (EDT)
- And thanks again. -- Nils 02:21, 22 May 2004 (EDT)
 CIA Factbook articles
I notice you have been performing some radical surgery on the CIA Factbook imports I have been gently editing. I agree with most of the stuff you have stripped out needing to go but I think dates like the national holiday and some of the other stuff needs rewording rather than just deletion. Please discuss what items you think should go on the How to de-factbook a country talk page. If I can understand why you are deleting it, I can do it when I do the first pass, and save you the trouble. -- Huttite 20:17, 21 May 2004 (EDT)
 Articles needing attention
You rock for taking care of some of those difficult articles. Kudos to you! ---Evan 12:50, 22 May 2004 (EDT)
Over being called a "fussbudget"? Dude! First off, I would like to apologise for my use or missuse of the German word for "fussbudget". If it actually means something stronger than that I am very sorry.
Also I understand that you are a systems administrator, right?
As a programmer, I find that being a fussbudget is not only a desireable, but in fact essential trait for a systems administrator. I was actually thinking that we really really need somebody like you in our sys-admin dept. here at work.
Our current systems administrators are not fussbudgets, and that means I have to watch the systems to make sure that some little thing like, say, running out of disk space doesn't kill us. This is very painful for me as you can imagine. Every programmer needs a good sysadmin to lay down the law, and I mean the letter of the law.
So I wish you could understand that while I meant to give you a bit of ribbing, I actually believe that the work you do and your personality, are essential around here, and anywhere else you decide to spend your considerable talents. I really hope you don't deprive the whole project of your presence and help just because of me. -- Mark 05:10, 24 May 2004 (EDT)
- You also referred to me as 'anally fixated'. Look, you and I are obviously not going to get along. Simply stay out of my way. -- Nils 03:15, 15 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- Again, is there something wrong with being "anally fixated"? If I were a sysadmin I'd put it on my CV. -- Mark 04:17, 15 Jul 2004 (EDT)
Thanks for nuking some external guide links. I think it really helps keep the anarchy under control -- Colin 01:18, 15 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- Oh, no biggie. -- Nils 03:15, 15 Jul 2004 (EDT)
 Siem Reap
Oh dear - looks like I'm going to have to attack Berlin myself then... Could you give any feedback as to how you found the guide anyway? As someone who left Wikipedia (this time for good) I understand how sometimes these projects can get too much for you. I was an admin on Wikipedia and spent hours on it but decided that if it was upseting me it wasn't worth it. Caroline 11:37, 28 Jul 2004 (EDT)