Thank you for your edits to Na'in, but please have a look at Wikitravel:Small city article template - the main section headings should follow that standard, which is why your changes have been repeatedly reverted. If you have questions you can ask them on this talk page or in the Pub. -- Ryan • (talk) • 02:21, 14 May 2012 (EDT)
- Again, please stop changing the headers on the Na'in article - if you don't like the Wikitravel small city article template you can discuss changing it at Wikitravel talk:Small city article template, but until then every article should use the standard section headings. -- Ryan • (talk) • 22:36, 17 May 2012 (EDT)
- Hello .I don't know how to ask my question .. but it seems that i made a mistake and Na'in page has been locked. ahhhhhhh i read this now and get the point ..no to change the headers.. ok get it now... can you please unlock this page. i'm going to add one more picture.. thank oyu —The preceding comment was added by NAINTOURS (talk • contribs)
- Are all of the photos you are uploading photos that you have taken yourself? Image:Desert2.JPG appears to have a copyright notice on it. If you are not the photographer then an image usually cannot be used in a Wikitravel article - see shared:Copyleft#Can I copy text and other content to Wikitravel from other sites? for details. If any images that you have uploaded are not your own they will need to be deleted, so please let us know. -- Ryan • (talk) • 23:09, 18 May 2012 (EDT)
hi. that's the mark i added to the picture because it's part of my collection that i provided with the accompany of my friends "GM" comes from Green Memory which is my Mark (not trade mark). if you like i can i can remove the water mark and the location description. you can see it in some of other pictures i added such as "Mossala water reservoir" and "windtower old district" —The preceding comment was added by NAINTOURS (talk • contribs)
- Thanks for the response. As long as it is your own work then the mark should be fine, but you may want to indicate on your images that you are the owner, and you should also specify what license you are releasing the images under - doing so will prevent others from questioning whether the images are valid for use on Wikitravel in the future. shared:How to upload files#Example upload summary shows an example of a template that you can use to indicate that it is your own image, and shared:How to upload files#Licenses describes some of the available licenses. To add these templates to your images, you could edit the page for each of your images and add something like:
- You can see all images that you have uploaded by looking at shared:Special:Contributions/NAINTOURS. If you have any questions you can ask them on this talk page or in the Pub. -- Ryan • (talk) • 11:41, 19 May 2012 (EDT)
Hello, Na'in! Thank for your invaluable contributions on the Iranian destinations that are largely unknown to most travelers. Atsirlin 02:47, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
- Hi Naintours, as you may have noticed I also occasionally edit on the Iranian articles that you have been contributing to and I have noted your sincere and useful efforts to improve those articles.felix 04:09, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
Hi .. actually i read it and couldn't understand most of it. but i guess a new website is going to establish. can you brief it or clarify want i can do or ....?
This article is currently called "Na’in" but I am forever changing alternative spellings when I copy edit this article.
I am completely ignorant of what name it should be called, but could you please suggest ONE name for it and then use that name consistently throughout?
Please be consistent in using "Na’in" OR discuss changing the title of this article at Talk:Na'in --singaporeAlice 17:23, 27 November 2012 (EST)
Please don't upload pictures directly to Wikitravel. They have to be uploaded first on Wikitravel Shared which is the central coordination point and shared repository for images and other media for all language versions of Wikitravel. Please use this page to upload pictures. You would be asked to create a separate account. Thanks! IBAlex (talk) 19:18, 30 May 2013 (EDT)
- My answer"
I absolutely know and that's the only way to that. i don't know why the pictures i spend a lot of time to arrange it in Iran page should be removed. some one answer please...
- Hello NAINTOURS! I'll try to help on this question. So please note that's not a question of removal: we'll be more than happy to have your pictures on Iran's page, as long as they are uploaded on [Wikitravel Shared] so they could be used on other language versions of the page (French, Russian, Italian etc.) as many people feel more comfortable reading information in there native language rather than in English. Moreover, the pictures on [Wikitravel Shared] could also be used on other Wikis (protected by Wikitravel's Copyleft license). I truly hope it makes more sense now, otherwise, feel free to ask again :) PierrB (talk) 01:56, 2 June 2013 (EDT)
- thank you for the reply. but i upload them (or i believe so) in [Wikitravel Shared]. your professional in here i need your help to do the right job in right place. waiting you answer. Respectfully, Naintours
- NAINTOURS, here is how the Iran article looked like prior to the removal of your pictures by me. When you click on any of the pictures there, you will see that they open in Wikitravel, instead of Wikitravel Shared(top left corner where it says "Wikitravel"). I hope that now you understand why they were removed, right? Please start uploading them to Wikitravel Shared ( I noticed that you have already done that with some of them). Also, may I ask you who is the author of those pictures? Thanks, IBAlex (talk) 13:40, 3 June 2013 (EDT)
you say :
( I noticed that you have already done that with some of them)
actually i upload all of the by the same way. so it's not possible to either i upload some of them in wikitravel and some other in wikitraevel share. dear gent i guess i need your technical support.
- Hello NAINTOURS! I´ve been following the recent edits and interactions. We greatly appreciate all your efforts with updating information and adding pictures, but way too many pictures have been added (which is agains our Image policy) and many pictures are not displaying correctly in the articles as they were probably uploaded directly in the article and not via Wikitravel Shared. There are many editors on this site and we are all here to try to keep the articles as per our standards. I have also removed some pictures that you added (which I am still working on) and user Ttcf is focussing a lot on the details as written in our other policies. The info in the Na'in article looks good, but the pictures we will still have to look at. If any questions, don´t hesitate to contact any of us. Thanks for all your work! Adzas (talk) 13:51, 30 November 2014 (EST)
i have deleted all of te additional pictures from Na'in page i guess in a way you like.
Hi, I noticed you created an article for Mesr and uploaded many pictures again. Please make sure you follow our guidelines as discussed previously. Excess pictures will have to be removed, can you please select the ones you wish to keep? Thanks for your assistance. Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 07:41, 24 December 2014 (EST)
Our MoS and your destruction
I was very shocked and upset that you destroyed hours of my copyediting and MoS fixes.
These included attempting to ensure that the Na'in article conformed to our sh-f +sh-c + sh-s + sp. + xl + $ + Abbr + tdf + wta + phones + aou and radix and tone standards.
Please read the blue hyperlinks above to find our why I made the changes I did. Please don't go back to the inferior version you had before.
It would also be helpful if you commented about the number of (your) images at Talk:Na'in before someone goes and deletes them... --Ttcf (talk) 21:17, 29 November 2014 (EST)
- I understand that your comprehension of English is limited but I'm afraid you still need to read UUTP and follow the guidance there. Perhaps seek the help of a translator?
- Above, at User_talk:NAINTOURS#Na.E2.80.99in, Singapore Alice quite rightly wrote: "Please be consistent in using "Na’in" OR discuss changing the title of this article at Talk:Na'in. Instead of replying to her perceptive comment, you keep buggering about with other's corrections and scattering different spellings of "Esfahan" and "Isfahan" around the page.
- You also keep restoring MoS errors. I can not force you to learn our standards, but I can keep reverting your changes when your version is so much worse in so many ways. Please click on and read the blue hyperlinks above to find out why I keep reverting your inferior versions. Please don't go back to the version with mistakes that you keep restoring. Read the edit summaries, too!
Hello Naintours! I saw you removed a listing on Talk:Iran. You did right, there shouldn't be any listings on a talk page, unless we think they are important but we don't know where to stick it. And as far as I know, a guide in Iran, even in the desert, is not mandatory, given the traveller is seasoned enough. And Wikitravel is definitely aimed at them ;) PierrB (talk) 23:06, 6 December 2014 (EST)
Hello, thanks for contributing to Wikitravel! I noticed that some of your edits violated community guidelines on images and that other members have asked you to review image policies before. Your account is temporarily suspended. We really would appreciate if you'd like to contribute after your 1 week suspension. Please review the policy page below before continuing your contributions:
You can also reach me via my talk page if you have any questions. I hope this helps. Thanks, IBcaldera (talk) 13:25, 24 December 2014 (EST)
- Hello, thanks for your message on my talk page. I have reverted the edit and sent a message to the IP address in question. May I remind you though to discontinue adding pictures? I have removed several again, as was done yesterday, and had been discussed previously. Thanks again! Adzas (talk) 09:42, 13 January 2015 (EST)