Hello Maarten! Happy to have you here on Wikitravel! Cheers! IBAlex 13:14, 20 November 2012 (EST)
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
You describe youself on your page as "one of the new administrators". Are you an IB employee? Pashley 09:26, 22 December 2012 (EST)
- Hi Pashley, great to read about your extensive travel experience! Yes. I am currently employed by IB, to administer the Dutch Wikitravel. Over the weekend I usually keep track of the English version since the office is closed. If you have any questions please let me know! Merry Christmas for now MaartenE 09:56, 22 December 2012 (EST)
 Reply needed
I am totally mystified by the changes you made to my changes on the Luang Prabang article. Are we not supposed to put things in to listing format, use WT conventions, etc? seligne 07:01, 25 December 2012 (EST)
- MaartenE is trying his best, but we all make the odd mistake, Seligne.
- Mind you, it does give a very bad impression if an IBadmin does not/can not answer polite queries on his own talk page! --118dot93dot73dot30 14:41, 26 February 2013 (EST)
- I think there has been some misunderstanding. I reverted the changes made by 220.127.116.11 who demanded the citations which, as you thankfully pointed out, are not required on Wikitravel. As far as Luang Prabang is concerned, I did not make changes to your contributions and I am actually greatful for them. My sincere apologies for this misunderstanding I hope you keep up the good work on wikitravel, you're doing a great job. MaartenE 03:38, 27 February 2013 (EST)
- Actually, MaartenE, this edit of mine removed almost all of the the changes made by 18.104.22.168 (including the demand for citations). What your edit actually did was to remove a possessive apostrophe (singular) but no matter, these mistakes easily happen - I just did not want you thinking that I am a vandal...
- I'm quite baffled by your reference to Luang Prabang - although I have indeed edited it, I wasn't aware that you had or that you or I had commented on it previously. Best wishes! --118dot93dot73dot30 04:21, 27 February 2013 (EST)
As you already know, many admins that were formerly active here at Wikitravel have left for pastures new in the last year.
Although IBadmins fight a heroic battle against spam, I believe we need more admins from the community.
Would you support my application to be an admin?