This page is for discussing the corresponding user's activities. For questions, comments, or personal stories about a destination or topic, visit Wikitravel Extra. For more about using talk pages check out Wikitravel:Using talk pages.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub notes → Article status notes
In your contribution of Fort Washington you appear to have copied the content of the History section from Wikipedia:Fort Washington, Pennsylvania. Unfortunately copying content from Wikipedia to Wikitravel is a copyright violation because our copyright licences are incompatable and the conditions of redistribution have not been complied with. - Huttite 05:02, 17 March 2009 (EDT)
- I notice you have edited the copyrighted text in Fort Washington. Simply editing some of the text (badly) does not make the copyright problem go away. Under bot the GFDL and CC by SA copyright systems you first need to have the right to make a derivative work, so that you can edit the text legally, and you can only obtain that by claiming to be the exclusive author or obtaining a release from all the other authors of the article you took the text from. If you do not have copyright, the only solution is to remove the offending section entirely and start over in a different way. I would rather you did this in a way that preserves the original facts, since you are obviously passionate about Fort Washington and have far more knowledge about the place than I do. - Huttite 06:25, 18 March 2009 (EDT)
In your Fort Washington contributions you seem to have a lot to say about other places. I would suggest you write about those other places in the relevant articles, not an article about Fort Washington. I have moved a lot of the irrelevant text into the Get out section, so you can see it better. - Huttite 06:25, 18 March 2009 (EDT)
 Template and Style
We have a particular template and style for our articles. That template also triggers some nifty features, such as a listing form that you might want to use. Please do not change or remove unused template sections, rather fill them out, because that is what they are there for. - Huttite 06:25, 18 March 2009 (EDT)