Welcome to Wikitravel!
Please don't delete seemingly valuable text without providing an explanation (as you did here)!
To help you contribute, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and our house style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
However, even more important than following every guideline is to PLUNGE FORWARD and write something useful – someone might be along to help with the proper formatting later - but please don't tout!
Add your home town, or a place you know well or write some insider tips - but don't use first person pronouns.
It was a good idea to create your own user account on Wikitravel because it will provide various benefits:
- easier communication with other writers about your edits and travel tips via your very own User Talk Page
- choose to turn off advertising or Orbitz (in your Account Settings)
- credit for your travel writing and edits, which will all be attributed to you rather than just an IP address
- your contributions will become more trusted as you become familiar to other Wikitravellers as a frequent editor with a history they can check
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. We're looking forward to seeing you again here on Wikitravel! --118dot93dot73dot30 22:41, 17 March 2013 (EDT)
- Thanks for listening and for providing useful explanations of your edits in the edit summaries now that you are making some useful contributions to our Armenia article. Much better! --118dot93dot73dot30 01:59, 18 March 2013 (EDT)
- (moved from User_talk:118dot93dot73dot30)
- Thanks for the heads up regarding comments. New editor here, sorry for the rookie mistake! -jrrobbins —The preceding comment was added by Jrrobbins (talk • contribs) 02:18, 18 March 2013 (EDT)
- No worries! You're doing well and there's a bit to learn.
- Try and click on some of the blue hyperlinks above and have a read of UUTP - it's generally a good idea to reply on the same page that a comment is left so as to keep the parts of the conversation together - I generally watch all pages I leave a message on for at least 14 days. Welcome aboard! --118dot93dot73dot30 02:26, 18 March 2013 (EDT)
Thank you for helping us keeping this article updated! Appreciated! Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 15:51, 4 June 2013 (EDT)