Ilkirk, I'm confused by your actions
- 01:23, 25 Nov 2005 (hist) (diff) m Gunbarrel Highway (→Prepare - Adding helpful bit back from rollback.)
- 01:21, 25 Nov 2005 (hist) (diff) m Gunbarrel Highway (Reverted edit of 220.127.116.11, changed back to last version by Steffen M.)
I am an Australian have just spent some time on the gunbarrel highway, living and working on a three million acre cattle station, This is a very remote if not the most remote part of this country, and some of this information is lifesaving vital stuff. It is local knowlege Why did you remove it? You don't seem to have been there. Did you follow any of the links. What is wrong with what I did please let me know. I feel like giving up on the whole wiki travel project. it seems a waste of my time
- Hi Mike, Ilkirk, sorry if I'm butting in here, but I need to point out that the only things Ilkirk removed were in fact a couple of links to some photo albums, and one to a weather page. Now, the weather link might be useful, and even "lifesaving", but surely there is nothing lifesaving about photo albums. We have a policy against external links to that kind of stuff. Anyhow I doubt people will have access to the web when driving, so probably they will need info about weather radio, not websites.
- Actually I suspect that you are just reading the diffs wrong. Do you think that Ilkirk removed the data which has since been added with all those garage phone numbers? He didn't. -- Mark 06:51, 27 Nov 2005 (EST)
Oh! Thanks for the ping. I am back now. -- Huttite 20:24, 18 Nov 2005 (EST)
 Hey Kirk
The wigtonshire one needs a , for scotland? 18.104.22.168 10:16, 29 March 2006 (EST)
 Wayne Locations
Thank You for really helping it means alot i can add information ! `22.214.171.124 11:01, 29 March 2006 (EST)
What do you want from me the world? 126.96.36.199 13:40, 30 March 2006 (EST) location wise help me out adhd
aim? feverwarrior is mine
Thanks for the welcome back! It's good to be back -- and great to see all the new (to me) contributors and admins... Majnoona 15:53, 9 Nov 2005 (EST)
 Any Linux experience?
Hey, I'm assuming that by SQL DBA you mean MS-SQL DBA non?
I'm just wondering if you have any linux experience as well, 'cause my Mom is in your part of the world and seems to be having a little problem with her KDE desktop. If you think you can help I'd be willing to pay for your trip up to Paducah to get it sorted. -- Mark 17:44, 31 Oct 2005 (EST)
- Yep - good ol' Bill Gates' SQL, but I have zero Linux experience, unfortunately. I've meant to play with it, but never set aside the time. Sorry. However, I've got a friend that visits his family in Paducah fairly often... and he is usually in a pinch for money since he is still in school - I can see when his next trip is if you're interested. I'd certainly vouch for the guy - he is a fencing coach at a private school in Chattanooga, so he's pretty trustworthy!
- Somewhat unrelated, how has the move across the ocean treated you versus your family? I've been flirting with moving to NZ and worry about the distance. And oh yeah - I can't wait to visit Switzerland again as well. -- Ilkirk 17:53, 31 Oct 2005 (EST)
 I think it works with IE now
Hi! It works out that IE compatibility has been the hardest part of my Wikitravel skin project, but I think it's pretty much there, at least for IE6. Can you have a look and let me know if there are any remaining problems? The goal was to make it work pretty much the same as with FireFox/Mozilla.
As usual the demo version is here.
Thanks for your comments, and sorry to have made you wait so long for the IE version. -- Mark 07:34, 30 Oct 2005 (EST)
Hi again, I guess my specific questions would be whether the odd rendering before the page is completely loaded bothers you. Also do the tabs render correctly? -- Mark 10:23, 31 Oct 2005 (EST)
Geekhive is running really slowly, so I put up another copy of the demo here: http://mark.sdf-eu.org/wikitravel/Lausanne.html
- Mark 11:28, 31 Oct 2005 (EST)
- Sorry to butt in, but can you check the numbering in the TOC in IE? It's odd. The numbers are repeated. Also, the odd rendering while loading might be a problem when the connection is slow? --Ravikiran 12:44, 31 Oct 2005 (EST)
- I checked the numbered per Ravi - and it is in fact incorrect. I have a blank 1 then it says "2. 1 Understand"
- The slow connection nearly had to be on the Geekhive end because I'm on a good connection at home. The odd rendering didn't bother me after I had figured out what was going on. I was actually preparing a response to point out the incorrect rendering when I got interupted, allowing it to finish loading. It could, though, create issues with people on slower connections thinking the page had blown up. -- Ilkirk 13:31, 31 Oct 2005 (EST)
 Reverting Hijacker
Be careful with reverting! The last correct version could be the wrong, too (I don't know why). -- Steffen M. 12:11, 9 Oct 2005 (EDT)
- I noticed that. I think it may spoof the first date? I caught Barbadous and some others doing that... Thanks! -- Ilkirk 12:22, 9 Oct 2005 (EDT)
 Atlanta Hotel Info
Never mind... I'm a total idiot and copied something else to the clipboard in the mean time. :( So much work gone down the tubes. -- Ilkirk 17:47, 14 Sep 2005 (EDT)
- Aw man, I hate when stuff like that happens to me -- Colin 17:48, 14 Sep 2005 (EDT)
 fixing Estonia
I've read your comment on Estonia in which you noted that external links in a section do not follow policy. I am not really familiar with the policy and follow my common sense instead, which sometimes works fine. Unfortunately this also means that lots of what I do require re-making by more skilled in the rules. In particular case, to which you referred - "sleep" I just included a couple of links to databases containing info on hotels and online reservation systems preferring neutral sites, instead of actually recommending any hotels. One thing that I regret not doing is including a link to hostel reservation system allowing choose and reserve hostel, but I just was too lazy to start looking to it yet. But anyways, could you tell somebody to review changes that I've made, because as I said, I've played with almost whole article and may strayed from the proper form?
 You're jammin!
Good work... nice to see so much effort. --Evan 20:30, 25 Aug 2005 (EDT)
Thanks for templating the last articles I've created on Brazilian cities. I admit I was a bit lazy on those. Cheers! --Rmx 21:51, 14 Oct 2005 (UCT)
If someone tells me that the changes by 188.8.131.52 that added the External Links to "MediaVisa.net - The Schengen Visa portal" (www.mediavisa.net) in a dozen or so country pages, then I'll personally go back and re-revert them. However it looked a little spammy to me, so I acted upon it.
I'm also a little confused about Norway's recent edits. Not only is MediaVisa referenced, but another site called EuroVisa. Are these commercial enterprises? Is there a government organization that is better (and more fairly) referenced? Should any specific site dealing with the Schengen Visa be linked?!
So confused... Ilkirk 14:03, 3 Aug 2005 (EDT)
Looks like Colin took care of Norway, removing all links to all sites concerning the Schengen Visa. Fair enough! Ilkirk 21:13, 3 Aug 2005 (EDT)