Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. -- OVK 01:58, 7 January 2013 (EST)
- Hi! I saw your remark on Calama page about Hostal Nativo. The listing is not blocked, you can change it. Please let me know if you have some difficulties and then i will change it. Best, IBAlex 19:57, 14 January 2013 (EST)
- Hi Alex, If I press the edit button on that hostel entry, I get: Listing has been changed by somebody else. Please reload the page and reedit. dismiss
- Hi Ikreis! That is really unusual. I changed the prices in Hostal Nativo listing as an unregistered user (not as an admin) successfully. Do you have this kind of problems while making other edits? I would like to investigate why you are being stopped from making changes. Sorry for that. Warm regards, IBAlex 13:19, 15 January 2013 (EST)
- Hello again Alex, Thank you for digging into it. I now see that I can edit the whole Sleep section, then I get to see the three listings in html, and I could change things there. But that is not what I tried at first. I clicked on the small "edit" under the individual listing, and then I (still) get the error I mentioned before. This is the first time, and only for the Nativo entry. The one below, Amayra, gives me a pop up window in which I can change prices and the like. Thank you also for changes some prices. The 9/18 price is still there though, that is wrong also, it must be like 20/25 or so, but now I don't have the notes anymore of my original posting.
- Honestly, I don't know why you are not able to make changes in the pop-up window for Nativo entry. Right, all the time you would like to make a change just click the Edit button and everything should work. I just changed the prices to 20/25. Anytime you would like to see your initial postings just click on 'View history at the top of the page and you will be able to see all the changes made to the article. Hope this helps. Cheers, IBAlex 16:40, 16 January 2013 (EST)
- Thank you. I found that history button. I get the same error trying to change the information at the bottom item on http://wikitravel.org/en/Easter_Island#Sleep . I could change it via the general edit button though. Maybe you see similarities? What I can see on this page, is that there is only one small edit button, as if it doesn't only apply to the bottom listing, but to all listings above.
- I guess that I have just figured it out how the whole system works. If you add a listing using the Add listing button that appears at the top right corner of every section or Edit a listing using an appropriate WT format from the page Listings, you would be able to see the small edit button at the end of the post. This is because the system 'understands' the structure and the right format of the listing which looks like that:
- * <eat name="Restaurant name" alt="local or alternative name" address="Address" directions="directions" phone="+91 27 222-1234" email="firstname.lastname@example.org" fax="+91 27 222-1235" url="http://www.example.com" hours="18:00-21:00" price="Rs. 150 and above" lat="latitude" long="longitude" tags="comma,separated,tag_labels">Stuff about the restaurant.</eat>
- However, when users just add information without using the proper format the small button 'edit' will not show up at the end. You can always check how each post is structured by clicking Edit.
- I hope everything is clear now. Thank you again for your contributions and please feel free to reach me at any time. Warm regards, IBAlex 20:29, 18 January 2013 (EST)