Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. -- OVK 15:48, 20 January 2013 (EST)
- I posted a message on the Talk:Pont_Royal,_Provence especially for you. --OVK 15:49, 20 January 2013 (EST)
- Hi Hoppy! I tried to link Pont Royal, Provence with some other articles on WT but I am actually not sure if I understand the purpose of this page clearly. It seems to me that Domaine et Golf de Pont Royal is actually a hotel with golf courses, not really a region or town/ city. If that is the case, your posting should be linked as an attraction within the article, where the hotel and golf courses are located. I see that this should be a place Mallemort, is it right? This page however doesn't exist on Wikitravel so you can either create it or post the listing within a broader region which page exists on WT.
- I would love if you could explain me that. Warm regards, IBAlex 20:07, 21 January 2013 (EST)
Hi Alex, I tried to upload a photo of the village of Pont Royal but I was unable to log in for that. Could you help please?
Pontroyal is a hilltop village with many hundreds if not thousands of properties and shops, bars and restaurants. A photo will make that clear. Mallemort is an unremarkable nearby town, whose mayor insisted that Pontroyal be included in his commune, I believe so his town could collect the numerous property taxes! Any link in WT would be unhelpful. As I say in my introduction it is popular with families and visitors to Provence many of whom love it as a central base for vacations and exploring this part of Provence year after year
- Sounds like a great place then! Would be very valuable to have it here on WT. Is this comment written by you . Here is the explanation how to upload pictures to WT. I am ready to help you anytime. Warm regards, IBAlex 14:15, 22 January 2013 (EST)
- One more thing, which site are you planning to work on, Hoppy? Pont Royal, Provence or Pont Royal Provence? I would say the second one looks way better. We would have to then delete one of them so that we don't have any duplicates. Best, IBAlex 14:20, 22 January 2013 (EST)
- I have also created some redirects to your page, depending how people spell it. Here they are , , [http://wikitravel.org
/wiki/en/index.php?title=Pont_Royal&redirect=no]. I guess that's what you were asking on the Talk Page, right? IBAlex 14:27, 22 January 2013 (EST)
- Thanks Alex, that is all correct. I am trying to work on the 2nd version and you can cancel the first. Any redirects for Pontroyal, Pont Royal or PontRoyal would be most helpful and I will continue to promote the site. It is a great place,which is why I keep going back!
- Ok, I have just deleted Pont Royal, Provence site and created 3 redirects to the correct page. Did you figure out how to upload pictures? Happy to hear that you are going to work on the page! Warm regards, IBAlex 17:16, 22 January 2013 (EST)
- Thanks. I am still having trouble uploading files. If I am logged in, when I go to 'upload files' it thinks I am not logged in and asks me me to log in again, which I am then unable to do. How do I get out of this please, There seems to be a problem with WikiShared as none of the links from 'the Pub' comments or WikiShared will work today¬¬¬¬ Hoppy 0630 EST 23rd Jan 2013
- Hoppy, when you are logged in, you are logged in to Wikitravel. When you click on the link "Upload files" you are redirected to Wikitravel Shared (which is a different platform than Wikitravel). You need to create a separate account for Wikitravel Shared in order to be able to log in (it can be the same user name as on Wikitravel) and upload the pictures . I really hope this will work. If not, I will definitely investigate this problem closer. Let me know if everything went fine. Thank you!
- Also, use~~~~ this markup to sign your comments. Cheers! IBAlex 14:00, 23 January 2013 (EST)
- Yes I have done this, but Shared seems to need lots of info for a simple photo I took 10 years ago and info do not have now! All I want is to upload a simple photo ! This should be much easier , any ideas ! ¬¬¬¬ Hoppy 1630 EST 23rd Jan 2013
- Basically, you just need to provide info who took the picture/credit (you), captureDate(10 years ago), location(where you are planning to put the pic), source(you), caption/ description (that the picture shows). I believe you have all the information to finalize the upload process. Warm regards, IBAlex 17:24, 23 January 2013 (EST)
I have tried all this, but it does not seem to work. I think this is why WT has so many articles without photos! Please tell me when it is made simpler and I will then try again.¬¬¬¬ Hoppy 1745 EST 23rd Jan 2013
This barnstar is to show you appreciation for your great work on Pont Royal Provence page! Thank you for creating the page from the scratch and making it look so nice now. --IBAlex 18:23, 6 February 2013 (EST)
- Thanks for that Alex. Not sure I would have got very far without your help. I am working on a map of the area, but have not yet found a suitable one to modify. Is it OK to copy or use Google maps?
- Thank you, Hoppy. from what I know you can use open source maps on Wikitravel. Google has created a collaborative project called OpenStreetMap that allows you to do that. Here are some links that might help , . We can elaborate on that. Cheers! IBAlex 16:13, 7 February 2013 (EST)