Here are archived discussions on my Talk Page.
Hello, GiulioC! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. IBAlex 15:35, 20 March 2013 (EDT)
- Ohoy matey and welcome aboard! Good to have more capable hands on deck! --OVK 16:04, 23 March 2013 (EDT)
What is your reason for deleting my pages? --OormanFromBajan (talk) 07:33, 26 October 2016 (EDT)
- Hi, you haven't even responded to my message. Could I have a response? This seems like racism towards the Bajanese and Greslandi culture, as you have deleted those pages with apparently no sufficient reason. --OormanFromBajan (talk) 09:37, 26 October 2016 (EDT)
- Because I really don't understand what that place is and where it is (or should be). GiulioC (talk) 09:57, 26 October 2016 (EDT)
- North America. --OormanFromBajan (talk) 19:30, 26 October 2016 (EDT)
- Where exactly? GiulioC (talk) 03:49, 28 October 2016 (EDT)
Yes, I'm working on it and day by day when I have more time I try to make it better and more detailed. I wanted to get it look like something at least, because I was working hours with it.. With a poor Internet connection. Longdale2016 (talk) 05:33, 4 November 2016 (EDT)
Fake and Wrong information
As the owner of Yasna Traditional Guest House, and write of Varzaneh page article in wikitravel, I noticed the information provided is fake. The Varzaneh page has been modified, and edited several times, and provided fake information. What can I do?
Please kindly help me to fight the spams. —The preceding comment was added by Mohammadjavad (talk • contribs)
- Hi, feel free to edit the page and restore the info. We'll try to pay more attention to that page to prevent further vandalism. Kind regards, GiulioC (talk) 06:02, 14 November 2016 (EST)
Thanks a lot Giulio! And sorry that I could not get back to you earlier. It is truly heart-warming having supportive admins! Thanks for being in touch, and thanks for checking out the page time to time. —The preceding comment was added by Mohammadjavad (talk • contribs)
Hi... Can you recommend this to mount Merapi page [[* Menir guide merapi, ☎ +62 813 44855232 (email@example.com), . Mount Merapi trekking. edit]] (Http//www.facebook.com/ardi.keling.94 16:00, 7 December 2016 (EST)) Http//www.facebook.com/ardi.keling.94 16:00, 7 December 2016 (EST) —The preceding comment was added by Menirguide (talk • contribs)
- Hi, sorry I can't do it, that's not what us admins are here for. I can only ask you to read our policies. Regards, GiulioC (talk) 05:28, 9 December 2016 (EST)
Question Regarding WikiTravel Rules
I noticed that you removed a number of listings for Country Inn we added. I just wanted to check which rule (or rules) of WikiTravel.org I violated in order for the listings to be removed. We would really like to have the listings stand as all the information I added is accurate and up-to-date, so we would like to understand what we should do in order to have the listings stand and help people find the information.
Thank you in advance! —The preceding comment was added by Countryinncarlson (talk • contribs)
- Hi, I removed some of your listings because of their description. They all sounded like an advert which is against our don't tout policy. You find the link on your talkpage as well, take your time and read it carefully and let us know if something's not clear. Kind regards, GiulioC (talk) 05:13, 23 December 2016 (EST)
Questions regarding removal of listings
Can you please let us know why several of the listings we added for Country Inn & Suites this week were removed? We did not include descriptions or otherwise "tout" the hotel. The listings we added only contained the basic contact details for the hotels, and I do not believe we have violated any of WikiTravel's guidelines. Is it possible to have our listings restored?
Thank you. —The preceding comment was added by Countryinncarlson (talk • contribs)
- Hello, there are many reasons why I reverted your edits. First of all, our goal on Wikitravel is to create a free and reliable travel guide for travellers, not some kind of Yellow Pages where business owners can add every single branch of their business (and that's what you've been doing so far, this is considered touting). Other reasons why I reverted your edits are because you added listings on regional pages (and we'd like to have them only in cities' articles) or because there were already many hotels listed (again, we're not the Yellow Pages). Please remember to sign your messages on talkpages and the Pub with ~~~~ . Regards, GiulioC (talk) 05:43, 26 January 2017 (EST)