Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel. Please take a sec to look at our copyleft and policies and guidelines, but feel free to plunge forward and edit some pages. Scanning the Manual of style, especially the article templates, can give you a good idea of how we like articles formatted. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub.
It is, in fact, pretty amazing how well WikiWiki works for travel information. I'm glad you're satisfied with the way Cologne is shaping up. I like the way it looks, too. By the way, doesn't Cologne have a particularly different German dialect -- "Kuln", or something like that? It might be good to add a "Talk" section, with perhaps a micro-phrasebook.
- One thing you may want to watch is using first person pronouns -- "I", "me", "my".
- Anyways, glad to have you on board -- looking forward to see what else you have in your bag of tricks. --Evan 08:38, 28 Feb 2004 (EST)
- Took up you proposal for Cologne slang! By the way, called "Kölsch"!
I haven't been able to find anything about the origin of Kölsch; as far as I know, it's not really a german dialect, but instead an "alemannische Mundart", more closely tied to Elsässer Dütsch and Schwyzer Dütsch than the to the dialects of the surrounding regions. Haven't been able to find anything definitive on that, though. - FelixKatz 09:12, 1 Mar 2004 (EST)
- Interesting... I'm not really surprised to find that Swiss German and Dutch are related. I have this theory that the whole Rhine river basin presents a linguistic area seperate from unified German or French...
- Anyhow, just to let you know I think there are some strong aspects about your arguments for recognizing that gay travelers have some special needs, so in light of your arguements and my own I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and go through in the next couple of days and add comments rating my perception of the gay-friendlyness of places I've added in the past. Of course please correct any mistakes you discover (sorry in advance), I only have my own perceptions (straight (and expecting! :) )) to go by... still I hope what I write is usefull to all travelers.
- Meanwhile, keep up the good work! Hope to see you here for a long time. -- Mark 18:43, 1 Mar 2004 (EST)