User talk:Evan/Aug 2003
Preview page doesn't work when editing Fred Bauder 06:27, 5 Aug 2003 (PDT)
Heh, Guess it was above and I wasn't looking for it there. So, False alarm. Fred Bauder 06:47, 5 Aug 2003 (PDT)
The Crestone, Colorado article is almost all my own work anyway. There is only a few words if that that anyone else might have included and that is probably census date which is public domain anyway. Fred Bauder 14:52, 5 Aug 2003 (PDT)
- OK, just wanted to check. See Wikitravel:Why Wikitravel isn't GFDL -- I also wrote Wikitravel:Welcome, Wikipedians just for you. -- Evan 15:03, 5 Aug 2003 (PDT)
Evan please have a look at the Afghanistan article - is it looking ok? Should anything else be changed? It was broken before when I ran an automated import of it, seemed to break the entire site too (probably a bug in Wikipedia Code). Aholstenson 10:19, 6 Aug 2003 (PDT)
- Doing another automated import from the factbook. I imported Sweden and know I know why it is not working (the site does not realise that a new page has been created). Aholstenson 10:27, 6 Aug 2003 (PDT)
- Looks great. I've got some improvements; I'm making comments on the factbook import page. -- Evan 10:32, 6 Aug 2003 (PDT)
I know a few days have passed, but hey, thanks for the welcome. Like I said on my user page, it's been some years since my travelling days, but I'll try to do my best to contribute valuable information. If it's out of date I'm sure other wikitravellers will adapt what I've written. Cheers! D.D. 05:11, 9 Aug 2003 (PDT)
Hi Evan, your site looks good. I thought I would point out that there is another wiki-based travel project in the early stages called Capitan Cook. It is released under the en:GNU Free Documentation License (I've read and agree with your reasoning to use a CC license instead; I wish we could relicense Wikipedia...). Since both projects are are young, I thought you might want to get in touch with your "competitor" and discuss ways of cooperating, or even merging your efforts. -- Stephen Gilbert, a visitor from Wikipedia.
- Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm aware of Capitan Cook. We'd already started working on Wikitravel before we found out about it. I don't know what we'll do to coordinate efforts -- we'll see what happens. -- Evan 11:38, 12 Aug 2003 (PDT)
It's my mission in online life to help projects become aware of, and coordinate with, each other. I do my best to avoid being a pest, though. :) I've decided to become a contributor here rather than Capitan Cook; I somehow like the feel of this project better (with pages like Wikitravel:Other ways of seeing travel and Wikitravel:Expeditions). The other project feels more like a Lonely Planet clone to me.
- Hi, I'm Giorgio Baresi and I'm CapitanCook founder. I've just come back home from a travel and I found this website... really interesting :) I think we could find a way to cooperate, what do you think? Let me know! - Giorgio, 24th August