For more about using talk pages check out Wikitravel:Using talk pages.
Hello, Dantilley! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub.
It looks like you've made a good start. - Huttite 05:11, 31 January 2009 (EST)
Could you explain why you deleted the Pullman Bangkok King Power hotel from Bangkok/Sukhumvit? Jpatokal 09:55, 1 February 2009 (EST)
- Yes, I removed this hotel because it is not even remotely close to the Sukhumvit Road area. I did add a note explaining this in the Discussion area of the Sukhumvit article, in which I also mentioned that I added two other 5 star hotels along Sukhumvit Road which were missing from the article, plus removed one other - The Amari Watergate - which is also not in the Sukhumvit area. Dantilley 22:59, 1 February 2009 (EST)
- Please do not ever delete entries if they're in the wrong place, move them to right place instead. Wikitravel's definition of "Sukhumvit" is not just Sukhumvit Rd, it's the entire area marked "1" on the [Image:BKK administrative map districts.png the map], including everything up to Phetchaburi Rd. The Amari is thus definitely in this region, while Pullman is borderline -- it could be pushed into Bangkok/Phahonyothin as well. Jpatokal 01:41, 2 February 2009 (EST)
- ...but these little warts aside, you're doing great work on Bangkok, please keep it up! The article still needs a lot of attention, there's a truckload of duplicated/wrong placed information thanks to a massive data donation we received last year from the Tourist Authority of Thailand, and it needs to be filtered out into the appropriate districts... Jpatokal 02:15, 2 February 2009 (EST)
- OK, understood, and I see you've moved The Pullman to the PahonYothin article already so thanks for that. Where is the guideline about the Sukhumvit article covering all of the zone marked on that map (the link didn't work by the way)? I think this should be mentioned somewhere (apologies if it already is though), as for people who don't know, they'll just assume it covers Sukhumvit Road and the sois coming off it. Most Bangkok residents wouldn't consider The Amari Watergate to be in The Sukhumvit area: I'm not saying it's wrong to be there in the scope of the article on this site, just that you may get other people wanting to move/delete it because they consider it out of place. Dantilley 02:21, 3 February 2009 (EST)
- Also, by the way, I deleted Pizzanotti from the Pahon Yothin article because it closed down last year. I'll add a few more eateries and hotels to the article soon also! :) Dantilley 02:21, 3 February 2009 (EST)
"Add new" adds individual listings (the bullet points), not sections. To create a new subsection, try "===Subsection===". See Wikitravel:Wiki markup for more! Jpatokal 00:08, 5 February 2009 (EST)