Hello Dan, Welcome to Wikitravel. Please do not be frustrated. We do not censor, we edit. We fully intend to create a very high quality travelguide. As such, a consistent style and goals are very important. Please browse through the Manual of style and other articles about Wikitravel itself. The project links on the Main Page are a good starting point. -- Nils 09:02, 15 Apr 2004 (EDT)
- Hi, Dan! I'm really glad to see that you're still here -- I was afraid we'd lost you over the problems with Salvador. I'm glad the compromise worked out OK; WikiWiki is all about compromise. Conflicts are uncomfortable but we usually work out something amenable to all parties in the end. In the process, we also usually learn something about the project, so we don't (usually) get in the same conflict again!
- I want to also echo Nils' suggestion that you check out the welcome pages, look at our copyleft and our policies and guidelines. As always, feel free to plunge forward and edit some pages.
- Scanning the Manual of style, especially the article templates, can give you a good idea of how we like articles formatted. The tips for new contributors can also be useful.
- If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub.
- Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experience. --Evan 12:35, 15 Apr 2004 (EDT)