See my post below yours.
Can you please repost my entry as I can not see the text anywhere, this is driving me mad with anger, how can something that should be easy, be so complicated! Thanks, Croydon
You can't list anything in more than one place. Read Wikitravel:Don't tout. Please understand that this site does not exist for the convenience of businesspeople or marketers, but for the benefit of travelers. We can't have businesses marketed all over the place. Your cooperation would be appreciated.
All the best,
Ikan Kekek 13:34, 12 June 2011 (EDT)
This is the most complicated, userunfriendly site I have ever encountered. It is so difficult, I'm not sure where to begin to explain my problems thus far.
1st point is that I'm not sure if this is how I reply to you, as there is no explanation on how to reply!
2nd, when I saw your note on not being able to have 2 entries, I deleted the other one, under the Jomtien heading.
So, I'm now going to repost my Pattaya entry, please do not delete again unless it contravenes some other rule, if it does please explain why.
It is NOT very simple, which is why I'm having this inane communication and spent a couple of hours or more trying to work it all out, for starters:
1. Post an entry: At first I thought, easy, you just click on add a listing. Then I though that this can not be right as the template does not indicate if the post goes to budget, mid level or where. So, I thought lets try edit and it worked after trial and error as was not sure do I key in all the * " < etc or what. Then after putting in the text and scrolling down, I had to figure out do I enter anything in the Summary box, do I tick minor edit, and, what the heck does watch this page mean, is this common everyday net terminology!?
Anyway, by hook or by crook, it seems I finally got there, the post was in.
Then I see it was deleted, I got it back in, not sure how.
Then, deleted again, with the message that I can only enter it once. Ok fine, do not agree but I accepted this, deleted the other entry (in Jomtien) and posted back again to Pattaya.
Ikan then deleted it again without checking that just maybe, I read his note and had deleted the 2nd entry.
2. There does not seem to be a quick easy reference on the rules of posting an entry, like not to use 1st person, 1 entry only etc.
3. No explanation on how to reply, to contact, to communicate, seems the assumption is that all users will know. I only now from this experience and by trial and error.
4. Seems that there is no glossary of the terms used under the headings of history, edit, discussion, it is all mumbo jumbo and not user friendly.
For the WT site to be used more and to have far more contributors etc, serious improvements are needed or it will remain a toy for the few and not the masses that I think is the target audience.
Finally, can I have my post back in please?
Charles Hamilton (Croydon) I can be emailed direct on email@example.com
We will have to agree to disagree, it is the most difficult website I have ever encountered. I'm no super user, but not the other extreme either, I'm more adept as a user than most I know. I was briefly involved (as an investor) in a company called Website Auditing which basically scored websites on various aspects, like navigation etc.
Some examples of this site that are current now to show how bad it is:
To reply to you, I have to edit, why not use simple basic clear English, use REPLY, not edit, reserve the latter for it's correct use, to edit all the posts.
Stupid flowery language is used, like the terms you just used Project home page and manual of style, ever seen another site to use such daft terms, think "How to make a post" etc might be better.
Another simple observation, how does 1 know when replying in My Talk to go to the bottom, my instinct is that the latest is best on top, is there any instruction to reply at the bottom?
Also, I do not agree with the policy of 1 entry max, certainly as it applies to my situation and likely readers. Tiya's Place is just a good budget small apartment block so if a reader just goes to the Jomtien page looking for accommodation, our offer will be missed. As most readers will just check on the Pattaya page, I need to post there (Jomtien is part of Greater Pattaya).
I therefore request you to allow me to enter onto the Jomtien page also?
I will now attempt to repost to Pattaya, if rejected, please advise why?
- Sure, I refer to W/pedia almost weekly, a great site, but like most I use it to check on some info or other, not to post onto it etc. Think main point is not how many use it now, but how many more would use it if it is easier. Most folk are busy, just want to refer to it quickly for what they want, and move on. Then for those who want to post or edit, most will not want to spend much time reading complicated operating details to do so, just a quick read of the simple main instructions, do's and dont's, then make their edit or post and carry on with life! So, there should be 1 page on the HOME (not Main) page, headed: "How to Post and Edit" On terminology, why use terminology like SLEEP and SPLURGE, use what folk are used to and expect, ACCOMMODATION and maybe Luxury or of that ilk, but Splurge, c'mon!