To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. IBAlex (talk) 16:09, 18 April 2013 (EDT)
 Hello, Binbin !
Thank you for your interesting contributions to our Malaysia article!
To help you contribute, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and our house style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
However, even more important than following every guideline is to PLUNGE FORWARD and write something useful – someone might be along to help with the proper formatting later if we're both lucky...
Add your home town, or a place you know well or write some insider tips - but don't use first person pronouns.
It was a good idea to create your own user account on Wikitravel because it will now provide you various benefits:
- easier communication with other writers about your edits and travel tips via your very own User Talk Page
- choose to turn off advertising or Orbitz (in your Account Settings)
- credit for your travel writing and edits, which will all be attributed to you rather than just an IP address
- your contributions will become more trusted as you become familiar to other Wikitravellers as a frequent editor with a history they can check
 Personal experience?
I take it this edit results from direct observation rather than hearsay?
- I suppose Binbin just restored the content deleted by 22.214.171.124 and brought it back to your revision from 18 Apr 2013 . It means that his contribution wasn't controversial as he did not put any original content. 126.96.36.199 should be asked for the reason why he deleted the content as this could help us understand why it was deleted. Thanks! IBAlex (talk) 20:17, 29 April 2013 (EDT)
- Fair point.
- However, all my edit that you referenced did was what it said on the tin: copyedit (I used the abbreviation "ce." in my edit summary). When I copyedit I do not necessarily make a judgement call on the material I am copyediting.
- By restoring what another (IP) editor made the decision to delete, I would have thought that Binbin was implying agreement with the (restored) rather controversial material (otherwise why restore it?) - hence my (unanswered) 2 questions to Binbin above. --118dot93dot73dot30 04:39, 30 April 2013 (EDT)