Here are archived discussions on my Talk Page.
Hi there, I must apologize first sorry I didn't see that section of the spam list advising against adding hotels so sorry about that. However I do appreciate that you don't want the entire page to become like trip adviser just advertising hotel after hotel, but if you look at the hotel in particular I was trying to add to the page it actually offered a cheaper rate of stay than any of the other ones available. So surely wouldn't you want to have the extremes of both ends of the scale. Showing the users what they can get with a large amount of money but also showing what can be bought with no money. As a budget traveler I always look for the cheapest option and the ones shown in the budget section are to costly for my budget, however I can stay at the yellow inn quite happily because of the rate they charge. And I just thought that other people travelling in a similar style to me would have appreciated having this information before they got to Kathmandu. Thank you for you time. —The preceding comment was added by Joejohnson36 (talk • contribs)
 Hi Azdas You reverted my pages
Adzas, Obviously I want to stay in the guidelines because the is a great resource. The Listings I put up are no different than this one http://wikitravel.org/en/Albufeira They just formatted their description different. I read the guidelines and the business address is given. These are for short term holidays the same as a hotel. These are not permanent residence listings. The one I don't see is the consensus. There isn't a difference with resorts that offer villas and apartments or offering villas. If my description needs work I will certainly do it. Might we talk? Thanks much, and actually thanks for looking out for me on my first day. Best George —The preceding comment was added by Gheliason (talk • contribs)
- Thanks for your message George, and again welcome to Wikitravel! I can see your point, the formatting of the listings was ok, but in general we don´t add booking sites for apartment rentals, and if it is decided that a listing is ok to keep, then we don´t add the same listing to various pages, only to one page/article, of the place where the business has an actual office. For that reason yours were removed. Also, using Albufeira as the example, there are so many real estate agents there who are also renting out apartments and villas, we don´t want them all to list their business, Wikitravel would become a Yellow pages which we want to avoid. If you still feel your listing should be added, then please discuss on the Talk page first. I hope this clarifies your question. Don´t hesitate to contact me if anything else, we appreciate your time and efforts and hope to see valuable travel information from you here on Wikitravel! Kind regards, Astrid Adzas (talk) 11:16, 24 October 2013 (EDT)
- Hi again, And thanks again. I can see why you thought I was spamming you now. I wasn't thinking about what I was doing and thought they were separate articles, not the same. My bad on that one. Yes, I would like the listing but only one location for each site. One in Algarve and the other in Costa del Sol. All the villas are locally owned and maintained. Another thing that may be a resource for you if you are interested. In Algarve there is a group called "Playocean." Its businesses from each town in the Golden Triangle. http://www.playocean.net/en/portugal/beachesThey would really be a great resource to your article. If you want to know what to do in Algarve, these are the tourist businesses. We joined in with them but haven't had time to be active yet. They have their community through facebook pages and support each other alot. If you want I can contact them. Let me know "how" you would want them listed. I honestly want to promote the local businesses. They are very kind people.I can also write about some of the less known venues, activities etc. The area has a lot to offer. Best regards, George —The preceding comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- Hello George, thanks again for your feedback as well. Don´t worry, I was not thinking that you were spamming, just the links did not meet our policies and guidelines. Having looked at the links again, I still believe they are not meeting our listing requirements. The Golden Triangle site also offers Real Estate for sale, and the Azure Holidays link covers different countries and does not have physical offices in those places, which is a requirement for a listing. To reach consensus about this subject (as you say you do want those listings) will have to go via the talk page of the articles (talk page) so others can add their input, not just me. With regards to the Playocean site, this is seen as a secondary source, which we also don´t add to our articles. We prefer that all the information can be found on Wikitravel itself, so we would like to ask you to share your knowledge and write the information in the actual articles, instead of adding links. I hope this makes sense. Again, any questions, please let us know. Adzas (talk) 17:59, 24 October 2013 (EDT)
 Deletions Alledaagse Waanzin
Dear Azdas, Thank you for commenting on your deletion of my addings to certain articles. I can see what you mean with "same listing" and the same links. I will make a change to that for the next time I will post the addings to the same articles. I would like to have Oceanwide Expeditions added to these articles. These are articles that do not mention external cruise travel or articles that only mention the ships from Oceanwide. And even more to those articles that mention one operator as the only one available or articles that give a bad reputation towards cruise companies, while other travel opportunities are being praised. The reason for adding Oceanwide Expeditions is that it takes companies like Oceanwide Expeditions to have people visit these destinations. So can you tell me how a good listing looks like? So I won't be reverted again. Best regards, Alledaagse Waanzin. —The preceding comment was added by Alledaagse Waanzin (talk • contribs)
- Hello Alledaagse Waanzin, thank you for your message. Your original listing itself was ok, we decided to leave it on the Antarctica page as the information could benefit the traveler. But Wikitravel is not meant to be an advertising portal, so adding the same company name or information or link to various articles, that is just against our policy so it would be reverted again should you re-ad. As you have so much experience in that area, we rather have you write about the actual destinations, and find other sources to promote outside Wikitravel. I would also like to invite you to contribute on the dutch wikitravel site (obviously the same rules apply there) but the Antarctica article there Antarctica could use some more expert information. Thanks again for your efforts, we are looking forward to your contributions. Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 06:38, 24 November 2013 (EST)
- Dear Azdas, I understand what you mean with the multiple listings. However I do feel it will make a difference to have Oceanwide Expeditions listed next to the other operators for the Ross Sea destination. Oceanwide Expeditions is one of the 3 IAATO member operators who makes landings at the ross sea and provides "as the only one" helicopter voyages across the Ross Sea departing from the ship. Since I saw the mishappening with the content from my post for the Ross Sea, I will make this accurate. Please let me know if it still possible to have Oceanwide Expeditions listed for the Ross Sea.
 Yogyakarta entry reversion
Dear Adzas, thank you for your comment. You are absolutely right about what you are saying. I will try to integrate it wisely within the Indonesia article. Warm regards, Clemens MY (talk) 17:37, 7 December 2013 (MYT)
 Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai in 3 Days
I've put an explanation in the discussion page for: http://wikitravel.org/en/Chiang_Mai_to_Chiang_Rai_in_3_days I was deleting my own entry that was infact text that was largely duplicated under the revised layout but was not properly logged in so it appeared as an anonymous update. —The preceding comment was added by Snoop-dawg (talk • contribs)