Here are archived discussions on my Talk Page.
Although I understand your comment about some items not being in the city itself but places like Rotterdam, Amsterdam etc all do the same. Also they are so close by and a page about the other towns will never be created so how do I do that do then ?
Ow and forgot to login :) —The preceding comment was added by Radius (talk • contribs)
Luang Prabang Tour Company
I want to address the issue of 'general tour planning' on my edit to the Luang Prabang "Do" section. I know that you have previously stated that you do not want wikitravel to become a yellow pages, but I followed all the guidelines when adding this listing. I do not want Wikitravel being over crowded either. I very much appreciated my tour that I booked with this tour company (Tiger Trail), and so I wanted to add them to the page because they offer some lower rates than others. If you take a look at the listing of Green Discovery Laos, it is very similar to Tiger Trail. Both companies were, in fact, created in 2000 - and both offer alternative ways to experience Luang Prabang and Laos through eco-tourism and the fair-trek initiative. I do not know what is the justification of one tour company that plans 'general tours' over another? The other listing, Discovering Laos, is again a very similar general tour company. This is my first time on Wikitravel, and I love to use this resource for when I travel. How can I safely edit or add listings on any pages if I am afraid now of my contributions being deleted the next day?
Thank you, and I appreciate your help.
Kwagner (talk) 01:44, 6 September 2014 (EDT)Kyle
Dear Adzas, I wuld like to join your naturism page but every time I tried to write there the text will be canceled. Can you contact me at email@example.com? Thank you. —The preceding comment was added by Cele5025 (talk • contribs)
- Answered on talk and Wikitravel NL facebook page. Thanks for your input! Adzas (talk) 11:30, 23 May 2016 (EDT)
Dear Adzas,I want to discuss something with links to other websites with you. But the spam control doesn't allow me. Can you help me? --Hindustanilanguage (talk) 10:39, 11 September 2014 (EDT)
- I think I am not being able to communicate thinks properly to you. The problem I see here is external linking here seems to be quite restricted.
h t t p : // m e t a. w i k i m e d i a . o r g/w i k i / U s e r : H i n d u s t a n i l a n g u a g e / s a n d b o x 2
Can you refer to the above link without space?
I just need to exchange communication with the users on their talkpage NOT WRITE ARTICLES here on the survey and spoil the goodwork you guys are doing. --Hindustanilanguage (talk) 14:24, 11 September 2014 (EDT)
pls chk the pic & respond - i cannot send the message because of Salem's Lot 9 error
http://snag.gy/rx8aw.jpg --Hindustanilanguage (talk) 08:59, 22 September 2014 (EDT)
- Hey there, Hindustanilanguage. Unfortunately, Wikitravel doesn't provide access statistics in the way WV does. Please accept our apologies. IBcaldera (talk) 13:17, 22 September 2014 (EDT)
revert for Amed, Apa Kabar Restaurant in Eat section
Hi Adzas. Noted your reason for removing the Apa Kabar Restaurant listing, but I think it is a valid listing, as the restaurant is open to the public not just villa guests. Saying that, I have a suggestion for this page: establish a "Resorts" section, which can list all the resorts with combined listings for their accomodation and restaurants. Would that be OK? YunZ —The preceding comment was added by YunZ (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thanks for your comment. When adding a listing, you will just need to decide which part of the business you want to stand out, whether you want it mentioned in the sleep, drink or eat section. There are many hotels that have a seperate bar or restaurant, this can be mentioned in the listing itself, but only in oneBold text of the categories. So no need to create a a seperate Resort section. If any further questions, please let us know. Kind regards, Adzas (talk) 09:43, 23 September 2014 (EDT)
Why did you revert my edit on the Barcelona page? You literally said "please see discussion on Talk:Barcelona" as the reason for removing my edit, yet I just went through the entire talk page discussion and the edit I had reverted to was the one that had already been discussed in the talk page and that had been left by a user named "IBAlex" (read the part where he says "Based on what was said, I left..."). I was just reverting to that original version discussed in the talk page because the most recent version that had been left was unnecessarily split into 2 sections with the 2nd section written very poorly with typos and poor grammar as you can see here. I don't care if you want to remove that section entirely, but why did you accuse me of going against the discussions on the page when it was in fact you who was going against it and obviously did not read it? Please clarify. 188.8.131.52 11:19, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- Hi,thank you for your comment. I am not accusing anyone of anything, I just pointed out that there was a discussion about those listings, and all three were removed in October 2013, so I think it should be discussed first before adding them back. See part two of the discussion () Adzas (talk) 12:10, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- What you linked to is an argument between 2 individuals. What does that argument have to do with the consensus that was reached by multiple people (which I linked to above) for that section and which was the version I reverted to? You mentioned that those listings had been removed, but that's not true, because what prompted me to edit that section was the 360 Running Tour listing which was still there and which was so poorly written with typos and bad grammar (again, as I linked to above). So I went ahead and reverted to the original version, which happened to be the version that had already been discussed and reached by consensus (no surprise there considering it's written a lot better), and then you quickly undid my reversion citing the very same discussion page that shows the consensus that I had actually reverted to? That doesn't make any sense. If you don't want any listings in that section, then just say so and that's fine as it won't make any difference to me, just don't make a quick edit undoing someone's work and then tell that person to see a discussion page that actually shows what they did was correct, or that it needs to be "discussed first" when what they did had already been discussed with a consensus already reached. Please clarify. 184.108.40.206 13:56, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- Hello, I apologize about the misunderstanding. Adzas just happens to be gifted with a particularly strong memory. One year back, those edits were removed with reason - one year forward they popped up again as you made some (much needed)edits in grammar and punctuation(honestly my favorite types of edits to see on here). Thank you, Adzas for remembering those listings and thank you 220.127.116.11 for taking it upon yourself to making this guide as correct as possible. Sidenote - I got a chance to look through the listings that were removed and unfortunately they are free, non-value added tours which are against Wikitravel's community policies. So they would have been removed anyway. If you have anymore thoughts or comments, please feel free to write on my talk page. Thanks again! IBcaldera (talk) 14:30, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
- IBcaldera, thank you for clarifying with specifics. 18.104.22.168 12:28, 17 October 2014 (EDT)
- Anytime, looking forward to reading more of your work! IBcaldera (talk) 14:06, 17 October 2014 (EDT)
Missed talk page
Hello, I don't know if you've meant to leave it, but I've noticed that you didn't delete HarrietZ79's talk page. If it wasn't meant to be left, could you delete it please? Since there is no reason now for it to be still around. Seqqis (talk) 20:34, 27 October 2014 (EDT)
- Hi, thanks for letting me know, missed that one, it has been deleted. Adzas (talk) 10:31, 28 October 2014 (EDT)
I was adding new information yesterday about Wild Tracks, on safari and sleeping. You deleted both and I wonder why? You said there are too many listings of sleeping, but the sleeping I added is in a guest house and different to the other offers. Please, tell me what is needed to make the information stay on the page. —The preceding comment was added by Jorina (talk • contribs)
I've responded at Talk:Phang Nga --Ttcf (talk) 21:17, 11 November 2014 (EST)
Should we "recommend"?
I was perturbed by this edit of yours, which restored the phrase "Some recommended places to go are:".
I'll go and hunt for the source, but certainly a few years back we had a distinct policy not to recommend anything (except, perhaps for sun block or malaria prophylactics...) --Ttcf (talk) 17:59, 22 November 2014 (EST)
I've still not found the reference I was looking for, but wta has stated since 2007: "Recommended by whom? Wikitravel is too big to make recommendations. Simply add descriptive listings." --Ttcf (talk) 18:37, 22 November 2014 (EST)
- Hi, thanks for all the research, but no need for all that, obviously I missed that part, if you look at the edit history, I removed a travel agent listing, I must have restored that sentence that you are refering to at the same time, my mistake. Thanks! Adzas (talk) 18:58, 22 November 2014 (EST)
- Fair enough. Since I don't like reverting other productive editors unless it's completely unavoidable, perhaps you would go back and revert to my version then? --Ttcf (talk) 19:05, 22 November 2014 (EST)
- The correction has already been made. Adzas (talk) 19:07, 22 November 2014 (EST)
- Thanks! --Ttcf (talk) 19:21, 22 November 2014 (EST)
Please do not edit lake toba get in,because this information about transport very important to traveller who comes to lake toba,especially our country indonesia,please help our area about information for they trip,because to lake toba hard to find information about transport.thank you
I have gone through various edits before publishing the tours on Amritsar page. Please go through the discussions on amritsar page for further reference. —The preceding comment was added by Jugaadu (talk • contribs)
Deleting a section with no explanation
Hi recently someone keep deleting Do section in Na'in page with no explanation.
his IP is : 22.214.171.124
how about something more that oral advice?blocking his IP for a week or less?
NAINTOURS (talk) 05:23, 13 January 2015 (EST)
how about delete two more pictures on the other sections but let the picture of the section Do remain?
NAINTOURS (talk) 10:58, 13 January 2015 (EST)
- I will leave that to you, just exchange the ones you wish to keep. Thank you! Adzas (talk) 11:14, 13 January 2015 (EST)
Thank you Sir. this is much better.NAINTOURS (talk) 03:38, 14 January 2015 (EST)
I appreciate your help and guidance over the wikitravel issues.
i upload one of my own photo in December 2013:
recently some one who has several profile in wikitravel let's say stole my photo (i have'nt uploaded this one in any other website) and pose it as his own work in November 2014:
where should i report?
thank you.NAINTOURS (talk) 06:40, 21 January 2015 (EST)
- Hello, thank you for your message. When uploading pictures to Wikitravel, you are releasing it to the public, so anyone could use the picture, but it has to be attributed correctly. Looking at the talk page of the person who added it to wikimedia, this picture shows already as being reported as a copyright violation. It is probably best if you contact someone at Wikimedia Commons directly to advise them you are the creator of that picture, so they can remove it or adjust its contribution, we don´t have access to that site. I hope this helps, let me know if anything else ok? Adzas (talk) 09:18, 21 January 2015 (EST)
Astrid. "this picture shows already as being reported as a copyright violation." i didn't get your point about this one. can you simplify it . thank you NAINTOURS (talk) 05:40, 22 January 2015 (EST)
- On Wikimedia Commons the picture shows as reported, so you would need to contact someone there to remove it. If you can let me know in which article it is used or where I can find it on Shared I can check it there as well. Adzas (talk) 07:17, 22 January 2015 (EST)
Actually at the time it doesn't use in any article. just you can find it in the wikimedia categories. I'm really thankful for your help.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Varzaneh NAINTOURS (talk)
- Hello again, I also thought the picture is only used on Wikimedia Commons, so you will have to contact admin there to either remove that picture from their site or to adjust the attribution. There is not much I can do here, sorry! Adzas (talk) 12:41, 22 January 2015 (EST)
Thank you Sir. NAINTOURS (talk) 08:55, 23 January 2015 (EST)
You put a comment on the overloaded Beijing article. Please provide further details about the issues you want to raise. If you want to discuss applying policy, please do so using your experience of Beijing. Note the current consensus is for improving the article. Lawe (talk) 16:06, 21 February 2015 (EST)
- I will add more details, but I also asked our Admin from China to add feedback. Although I have visited Beijing a long time ago, my knowledge would not be sufficient with regards to districts etc. I am definitely for improving the article, and I think you are already doing a great job. When reaching consensus it means to get input from various users, so just give it some time. Adzas (talk) 16:14, 21 February 2015 (EST)
New York City
I checked that a mention of evoJets was removed from New York City page saying that 'a worldwide jet charter, where is corporate office?'. Their main corporate office is probably in Aspen and other offices in Manhattan and more. The worldwide charter means that they serve worldwide and not physically present worldwide. Basically during my research on New York jet charter, I found them and have recently chartered jet from New York and was a good experience. Which is why I wanted people know about them and their awesome customer service. In-case you want any information about them, I will research more and add it. It will be great if you revert or undo the removal - Prajaktal
you deleted my edit stating that no private contact information is allowed, yet there are lots of other guides and that have phone numbers/email that have not been deleted.
Can you explain why you have been inconsistent?
Thanks, —The preceding comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
- Hello, thank you for your comment. From your IP address I can´t see which edit you are referring to, but when we check recent edits we do remove personal contact information, just have a look at listings to have a better idea what is allowed and what is not. In the past edits may have been left and we do try to adjust those as well as much as we can. I have a long list of articles that I still want to check, but if you can let me know from which article your info was removed I will have a look which other listings need to be adjusted. We appreciate your input and we are looking forward to further edits from you! Adzas (talk) 05:54, 30 April 2015 (EDT)
Hello, you added a banner to this entry
However the image is from the *South* Shetland Islands, which are in the Southern hemisphere near to Antarctica, whereas the Shetland Islands in question are part of the United Kingdom, in the North Atlantic ocean.
I don't know how to fix this so I thought I'd let you know :)
Mesnard (talk) 16:44, 20 May 2015 (EDT)
- Thanks for letting us know. I will remove the banner and search for a different picture. Or feel free to add a picture yourself if you like, see Wikitravel:Banner guidelines. Thanks for your input! Adzas (talk) 04:54, 21 May 2015 (EDT)
"wikitravel does not promote trravel sites"
Then why is this page still active:
http://wikitravel.org/en/User:Discoverphuquoc —The preceding comment was added by Phuquocislandguide (talk • contribs)
- Hello, the admin team does its best to catch all instances of linking and promotion to external travel sites, booking aggregators, travel operators, and more. This site gets a lot of edits so some links slip through the cracks. Thanks for catching this! IBcaldera (talk) 19:21, 20 May 2015 (EDT)
- The user you are referring to seems to have the same intent as you, promoting Phu Quoc, as you are both using a similar name. User pages can be named like that, it is just the promotional content that needed to be removed, and valuable travel info added to the respective article. As mentioned above, we have a lot of edits to check so it is easy to miss one. I reverted the content on your user page again, please don´t add again, otherwise your account will also be blocked. Thanks for your input and upcoming edits! Adzas (talk) 05:02, 21 May 2015 (EDT)
Hi Adzas, if you revert some change, please check the service details as well. Taxify is global taxi application with very strong local presence in each city. We have local company in Tbilisi, office with 7 local people working. Taxify is leading taxi application in Tbilisi, operating over 1+ years and hundreds of taxis and tens of thousands of users. Please revert back your edit, so people visiting Tbilisi would be able to get trusted taxi service. There is no real dispatch center to call for reliable cab - there is real problem - everyone can become taxi driver and cheat customers. Taxify is a reliable option, with proper customer support and actually "metered taxis", that no other company will provide. I wrote as neutral text as possible, its vital part of taxi market in Tbilisi. Please go and visit the city, then you know. I just came back from Tbilisi few weeks ago. Thanks, Martin
http://wikitravel.org/wiki/en/index.php?title=Tbilisi&action=history —The preceding comment was added by Waldec (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thank you for your message. Although we understand that Taxify can be a great help for travelers, in general we don´t allow information about Apps in our articles, as per our guidelines in external links. If a local business has an office where travelers can go to book a service then it could be added using the listings format including address, phone number etc, but without an url of an App, as this will be removed again. I hope this clarifies why your edit was reverted. We are looking forward to your future edits of valuable travel information, about things to do and see in Tbilisi or any other location you have visited. Thanks! Adzas (talk) 05:05, 18 June 2015 (EDT)
- Hello again, I read the external links policy. To put it straight, I think its "a bit outdated" considering today's app based economy. But my point was also not to have links, but let people know about a decent options to book a taxi. Can we add Taxify listing as text only (no links). Person interested in the service can go to appstore and download the app themselves. As I understand your text > Going to taxi company office to book taxi sounds rather pointless for a person. Are you doing this in hour home city? Probably not, you either call taxi dispatch (there are no decent quality companies in Tbilisi) or you use smartphone and app to book taxis (you have wide choice, see car arriving on the map and pay via the app = all clear benefits). -> So my question: can we add Taxify listing as just text based description and avoid URL/external links? —The preceding comment was added by Waldec (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thanks again for your input. I don´t think our policy is outdated, it is just to avoid articles being filled with external links, which is not the purpose of Wikitravel. We want information, not links. Adding a comment saying that Taxify can be used in a certain location I am sure is acceptable, especially as you say taxi services are limited in Tbilisi. However, if the same info is added to all the locations where a certain App is active, then the information would be removed. I hope this helps. Adzas (talk) 09:48, 18 June 2015 (EDT)
Private Vietnam visa on arrival services
I'm the manager of voavietnam.net, and I'm the one who mentioned about our private visa on arrival service on Vietnam page. I've received your message in which you said that "online booking services are against our policies and there are many sites offering this service, a traveller can easily find links on his own."
Actually very few online agent offering this service and if they do, the price is $12-$20/person. That mean 2 to 4 times more expensive than ours
I know about the policy, but I think our services is good and could benefit a lot of travelers. Of course it also bring a little benefit to us, but it's a win-win situation. And anyway, listing in the page does not mean that members will use our services. I just hope that if they google and they found out that our services is the best, they will use us.
If posting the online booking services is against policies, then what should I do in this case?
Additionally, If I give a coupon of 10% discount to all wikitravel's members, for example the list could be:
Private Vietnam visa on arrival service (voavietnam.net), ☎ +84 983098412 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Online agent offering private Vietnam visa on arrival services, enter code "wikitravel" at checkout for 10% discount. $5/person. edit
Is this possible?
- Hi Alex Phan, it's nice that you know our policies about online booking services being against Wikitravel policies. With that being said, if you are hoping that listing your business here may somehow increase the chance of being found on search engines, please note that Wikitravel implements
rel="nofollow" so there is no SEO benefit to listing a website here. Again, Wikitravel has no interest in marketing - this is a site for travellers, so offering 10% off for Wikitravel users is also not possible for us. We sure understand your marketing drive and appreciate your effort, but marketing your business should not be the purpose of joining Wikitravel. However, we do very much welcome your contribution to the article of your city or the places you are familiar with. Cheers! --Binbin (talk) 22:45, 24 August 2015 (EDT)
Thank you for your message on my talk page. I understand the current situation and I can tell it to other members of ja:wikitravelers.
--Shoestring (talk) 08:22, 4 October 2015 (EDT)
Ha Long Bay castaways tour
I noted that you deleted my 18 September edit to the Ha Long Bay article, describing Castaways Island Tours as something to See. Your policy against advertising is clear, and I both respect and - as a traveler who frequently references your site when visiting a new destination - deeply appreciate it. However, these "castaways island" experiences have become a category of tours in their own right --- a third way to see Ha Long Bay that is quite distinct from cruises or independent travel. Several competing operators offer them although my company, Vietnam Backpackers Hostels, created the original. (ex. http://www.vietnambackpackerhostels.com/trips/ha-long-bay/ha-long-bay-and-castaways-island-3-days-2-nights/ vs. http://www.halongbaycastawaytour.com/ vs. http://www.halongbaycastawaytours.com/)
It seems to me that it's perfectly legitimate and within your policies to mention the EXISTENCE of various Castaways Island tours on Wikitravel. And if you allow a bulleted list of cruise operators on the page, then it stands to reason that you would allow a bulleted list of castaways operators as well.
One final thing that I'm bound by pride to mention. This isn't really about advertising for us. We don't need to advertise for awareness. Most backpackers on the SE Asia trail have heard about "Castaways Island" and consider it a must-do while in northern Vietnam. Our larger concern is that copycat operators have deliberately sown confusion. People who think they're booking our tour are instead booking a copycat. At least one entire tour group has been abandoned in port without transportation back to Hanoi. Others have just had substandard experience and, still unaware that there are multiple castaways operators, wound up complaining on our Trip Advisor page about it. You say that your site is meant not for advertising but to be a resource for travelers. I get it. In fact I applaud it. But if that's true, wouldn't it be in bounds to educate travelers to northern Vietnam about their options in booking a castaways tour? —The preceding comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thank you for your message. I have reviewed the latest edits and the links I removed were booking sites not just for the cruise but also other excursions, and the last site was a best price site with flight bookings as well, which is clearly against our policies. Other admin have removed the same link. But I don´t see any removed link for the backpackerhostels in the article. Looking at the backpackers site, I would allow that link in the location articles where the hostel is located, in the Sleep section, where you could describe that the cruise to Ha Long Bay is offered. The other link you mention above, is that yours as well? I don´t see that one in the article but I also did not remove that one. The article has quite a description about the different options and about the best ways to book those, so if that is not written clearly you could add something about copy cat tours if you like. The rest of the listings will be checked as well, I just made a start cleaning up the article. If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know or add it to the discussion page of the actual article, so others can participate as well. We appreciate your edits and your input. Adzas (talk) 04:47, 7 October 2015 (EDT)
- Thanks very much. I've added some edits to the page. If you have a moment, please check to make sure they're ok. —The preceding comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
- Great, I had a look, all ok. I am looking at the full article though, and some of the listings may be moved to articles like Hanoi as that is where the agents are located, but I will make sure it is clear to the traveller where to find the cruises. Thanks for your input, looking forward to further edits from you! Adzas (talk) 12:11, 8 October 2015 (EDT)
Revision history of "Mount Agung" article
Hi Adzas !
I'm surprised you removed the guides lists for hiking Mount Agung.
I'm a traveler (and have no business on Bali) and sometime I may consider using a guide for trekking Having a list of guides and prices may be very useful. In my opinion, the canceled list wasn't unfair in the way that several different companies was listed.
I am much more disturbed by the fact that the article is written in an excessive way to make people fear going by themselves than by a list of different guides.
What do you think about it ?
Laurent —The preceding comment was added by Outang (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thanks for your message! I can see your point, but the reason the list was removed was because the listings did not follow our listings guidelines. We don´t allow private contact information, or businesses that offer general tour planning, so I was just cleaning up the article. I understand that such a contact could be very useful, but in the article it also says that guides can easily be booked via the hotel for example, so a traveller who wants a private guide I am sure will find one. About the style of the article, if you feel it should be written differently, feel free to plunge forward and add any information that you feel is missing, following our policies and guidelines of course. We are looking forward to seeing your edits! Adzas (talk) 09:41, 22 October 2015 (EDT)
I understand your concern about listing walking tours with no added value, i.e. tours that one could do on its own.
The reason I wanted to list Walk My Steps is double:
1. the company provides services of state-licensed guides who has deep knowledge of the city in terms of History, Art, Culture. This does not seem like the kind of experience one can have on its own, at least for me it does not.
2. there is a strong debate going in France right know where professional licensed guides are confronted with amateur guides... mentioning/listing only a company (Localers) who works with non-certified guides does not seem very balanced, nor right, in terms of bringing to the general public the full picture.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,
Parislover —The preceding comment was added by Parislover (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thank you for your comments. I understand your point, but following our policy it clearly states that in practice this policy disallows listings for most audio tours, walking tours, and guided tours since the substance of such tours can generally be fulfilled by an independent traveller, and the information provided on such tours should ideally be included in the appropriate Wikitravel article. If you have a question about whether a tour can be listed, or feel that an exception is warranted, please use the discussion page of the appropriate article to discuss your concerns. If you still feel your link should be accepted as an exception, please discuss on the discussion page of the actual article, so others can give their input as well, and we decide from there. As you sound very knowledgeable about your area, please so add as much valuable information in the guide itself, which would be much more useful for our travellers. Thanks for your edits and input! Adzas (talk) 10:46, 6 November 2015 (EST)
Hi, thank you for your help.
How do I advise about traditional food of the area ? I did it as a side note in the "Eat" section but apparently that wasn't the right place. —The preceding comment was added by GeoffreyG (talk • contribs)
- Thanks for your message. You can add anything you like about traditional food, just don´t use first person pronouns or links to secondary sources, just original content, describing what you wish to share about the subject. We are looking forward to further edits, great job! Adzas (talk) 16:32, 8 November 2015 (EST)
MIami & Miami Beach edits/reverts
Hi Adzas, Thanks for letting me know about the reverts, sorry I wasn't aware of your note. I just had no desire to rephrase what's already on awesome Oliom blog. Your pages are missing so many great things about Miami & Miami Beach and several things are also plain wrong or misleading. Unfortunately, it's just full of business listings and not much valuable content for travelers. Sure, I will never touch your wikitravel pages again -Best, —The preceding comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thank you for your contributions and reaching out here. As a matter of fact, linking to secondary sources such as blogs is not allowed. Plus, adding more than one URLs will be regarded as touting and as advertising spam in the eyes of other editors. We would appreciate it if you can plunge forward and update/add information to our articles, but please do have a look at our policies and guidelines and style before doing so. Thank you and look forward to seeing more of your contributions. --Binbin (talk) 03:49, 20 December 2015 (EST)
- Thanks for your feedback! As mentioned above by Binbin already, we have to follow our guidelines. The point is that travellers like you add their valuable information to the article, and if you feel it is all too comercial, your input is greatly appreciated, to make the articles better. Links we try to keep to a minimum and if we see clear advertising we remove it. Please do come back and share your knowledge with us, we would like that! Adzas (talk) 05:21, 20 December 2015 (EST)
Hi Adzas, Hope all's well, Could you delete User talk:Davey2010/Archive 2015 please?, I last month sent it to WT:VFD but have only just realized it's pretty much an abandoned board so figured I'd come to the next best place! Template:Smiley, Thanks, –Davey2010Talk 02:52, 28 February 2016 (EST)
Add new language projects
Hi, Adzas, I want to know here it's possible or not to add new language?! for example Pashto and Balochi languages, I will work for this languages.--Ibrahim khashrowdi (talk) 09:31, 13 March 2016 (EDT)
Hi, you removed a new addition to the Budget accommodation section of Hoi An.
The accommodation is certainly located in Hoi An, but has an advantage that it is in the quieter part of town, hence the reference to 'village'.
I suggest that a new Homestay that has been open for two months and is striving hard to win custom should have a chance to be featured on the Wikitravel page. They are a very credible budget accommodation option as at March 2016, so this update brings a relevant and current perspective.
Please could you reverse the deletion? —The preceding comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- Hello, thank you for your feedback. I double checked the listing, which appears to also have been removed by another admin previously as the listing was added to the top of the list, which is against our guidelines. We usually don´t want more than about 10 listings in each category, so the Hoi An article already has way too many accommodation listings. If you feel a listing should be replaced or removed, then this can be discussed on the talk page of the article. If you have any further questions, please let us know. Thanks Adzas (talk) 10:30, 29 March 2016 (EDT)
I appreciate that a lengthy list may dilute the section. Nevertheless, Herbal Tea Homestay is worthy of a listing. With the earlier feedback, I moved the listing from the top of the section to the bottom, to address the specific feedback of the previous editor.
To ensure that the list is not lengthened, I suggest the following:
An Phu Hotel – This hotel has changed name / ownership, so less confidence that the comments are current. It is now Hoi An Lantern Hotel.
Nhi Nhi Hotel – At $60-$125 for a double room, my suggestion is that this should be moved to the mid-range section. I am happy to ‘cut and paste’ if you agree.
http://www.nhinhihotel.com.vn/room_rates.php —The preceding comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- I appreciate your comments, but our policy is very clear, we don´t want Wikitravel to become like the Yellow Pages, we just want a small collection of listings, see our goals. I already removed the An Phu Hotel listing, but the list is still way too long. With regards to the Nhi Nhi Hotel, yes please, if you find information is out of date or needs to be changed, please go ahead. Thanks for your input! Adzas (talk) 09:38, 30 March 2016 (EDT)
I am disappointed with this outcome. I wanted to make a valid contribution about a listing which will be of benefit to other users. I spent time writing the contribution, relocating it per the original request, researched hotels on the current listing to spot where it was not current and thereby, reducing the number of overall listings. I have proposed a net reduction in the number of listings.
This to me seemed a pretty fair compromise to our respective views. Batteredpassport (talk)batteredpassport
Dry Tortugas "Get In"
Re: the most recent edit you reverted on the Dry Tortugas "Get In" section, the ferry listed does not go to Dry Tortugas/Fort Jefferson. The only commercial ferry that gets you there is the one that I provided updated details for (which I have absolutely zero affiliation with.) You can verify by checking both sites. Can we go ahead and re-do the edit so that it is accurate? Jdrusse (talk) 11:39, 1 April 2016 (EDT)
Hey adzas, I am sorry for the editing mistakes I make, I am just starting to use wiki. (I am not even sure that it's the right place to talk). I ll keep updating Banana page and then you can correct my things. Sorry for the mess. —The preceding comment was added by Fpipo (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thanks for your edits. No mess at all, just take some time to read our guidelines, and when we change something just look what we did. To add a listing, have a look at listings. Any questions, let us know. Thanks! Adzas (talk) 05:19, 29 April 2016 (EDT)
- I have the bad habit of being unhappy with my edit and do multiple ones in a row, I think you caught me in between two. I should and will read the guidelines, but with only a mobile phone while traveling, I m always tempted to just share the important info quickly. By the way I am also the user trekpouf, but forgot my password. Is there a way to merge both accounts?Fpipo (talk) 06:47, 29 April 2016 (EDT)
Somehow disturbing that you don't want citations/proofs for something that is written (fiber), but why on earth you can not add telephone numbers or websites to the only two existing bus companies???
And because of that you deleted everything from this section??
Sorry, it is hard to get any information at this place and you do not want to make this easier. —The preceding comment was added by Zackdvd (talk • contribs)
- Hi, thanks for your comments. Our guidelines state very clear that we don´t want secondary sources in our articles, and when it comes to phone numbers, yes they are allowed, but in the proper listing format. The reason why everything was deleted in the Get out section of the Chaitén article because in this section we just list some places of interest located near the location, not how to get out by bus etc. Just have a look at our guidelines in your welcome message, to help you started and if any further questions, just let us know. Questions regarding a certain article is best to ask on the discussion page of that article, so other admin and users will see your comments as well. Happy editing! Adzas (talk) 05:42, 29 April 2016 (EDT)
Munduk villages vs Munduk
Hi there, I'm wanting some help with the North Bali page about Munduk villages that you were involved with at some point. I think the content should be moved to Munduk (which currently redirects to Bedugul). I'm new to Wikitravel - is it ok for me to just go ahead and do this? Thanks for your help! "grace-g (talk) 05:15, 5 May 2016 (EDT)"
I think you have not read the article,i just changed Mogadishu Somalia and i dont know why you reverted the article mogadishu which is update 2016! and gives more information and references..would you explain it more thanks.
here is a recent video of the place
paXDvGXIzAs —The preceding comment was added by BillBancroft (talk • contribs)
- Please have a look at your talk page. --Binbin (talk) 02:21, 8 May 2016 (EDT)
to easy add new listing in wikitravel, for example in wikitravel.org/en/merapi i think will be better admin always chek its true or wrong info, or undo every new contact that add by user.. i'm scary 'wikitravel user' who add new contac is a criminal
and please let me know how step by step to register new accoun.
thanks —The preceding comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
Question re. redirects
Dear Adzas, thank you for helping with the redirects regarding Zao Fox Village in Shiroishi (Miyagi). I totally understand your reasoning. I created those redirects because if I look for Fox Village or Zao Kitsune Mura no hits come up, and I think people are more likely to search for that than for Shiroishi itself. Or am I just using the search function wrongly? Best, dasbaufweltreise (talk) 22:41, 20 November 2016 (EST)
- Thanks for your feedback. I remember the search function was being looked at, as at the moment when doing a search only articles will come up, not like you say for example “Fox Village”. Let me look into this again. Looking forward to further edits from you! Adzas (talk) 09:39, 21 November 2016 (EST)
Stop undoing my editings, not only you, but all, the DPRK is NOT a Single-Party Hereditary Totalitarian Dictatorship, and the prove is right here
Now, I too love how you undo my editings under the pretext of being "Personal opinion", howerer, the article was full of personal opinion agaist the DPRK —The preceding comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- Thanks for your input. I will look at your edits again. As you can see they were initially edited by another admin, so I just reverted back to her latest edits. Adzas (talk) 11:19, 16 January 2017 (EST)