Welcome to Wikitravel. You can edit your preferences to change how the software works for you. Please take a second to look at our copyleft and policies and guidelines, but feel free to plunge forward and edit some pages. Scanning the Manual of style, especially the article templates, can give you a good idea of how we like articles formatted. If you're new to our wiki software, MediaWiki, look at the Wiki markup to get an idea of how to edit a page. If you need help, check out the help desk, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the travellers' pub.
Could you do me a favor and read Wikitravel:How to start a new page? It helps a lot if you create a link to the new page before you create the page; if you use the appropriate template; and if you make sure that the name is unique. You can also use http://geonames.org/ to see if there are other places with that
name, and if so, make a disambiguation page. --Evan 14:25, 8
December 2006 (EST)
Evan thanks for the welcome. I add travel locations off the top of my head maybe you could fix them up. thanks
- Please don't; it takes us a lot of time and energy to find where these places are and add them into their proper regions. Most of the time they just get deleted, which isn't helping anyone.
- If you're really interested in helping by adding articles in Maine, please go to that article, find the region that the city you're adding is in, then add a link from that region article to the new city. Then you should create the new city article. The map on Maine shows where the regions are; each county is in one of the regions.
- Adding half-built articles with no content is not helpful for us. You will help more if you add them in to the right place. If you can't do that, you will help by stopping entirely. --Evan 12:44, 15 December 2006 (EST)
Here's the deal, daddy-mack: any article created by you that does not have the proper template and some intelligent content will be deleted on sight. Learn to live with the rules or find another playbox (how about World Wikia?) Jpatokal 04:33, 21 December 2006 (EST)
Moved from Zun kune by Sapphire
Zun kure falling rain source.
- That doesn't matter much. Just because you find/type random geographic coordinates on the map doesn't make a place a destination. Please stop creating useless stubs. Remember, if you haven't found a single room one can rent and can't provide the contact info and a source don't create these pointless pages. You're welcome to work with us, but only when you stop trying to be a joke. -- Andrew H. (Sapphire) 19:27, 23 December 2006 (EST)
sorry but i'am not. --188.8.131.52 19:27, 23 December 2006 (EST)
- Then prove to us that you are capable of understanding basic instructions. We've been explaining this to you for months and months and no one thinks you're funny. We have a 16 year old that is an administrator and behaves more appropriately than you do! If you want to stop being a joke and taken seriously stop asking us 'Help my guides!' on our talk pages and do the work. If you've forgotten how to act appropriately read everything we have told you in the past including, but not limited to: User talk:Traveler2006 and User talk:Mainer2006. I will work to keep any of your useful contributions, but in the past year that's been limited to three articles out hundreds. -- Andrew H. (Sapphire) 20:02, 23 December 2006 (EST)
- Dude! You're still a jerk troll? Wow. Get a life. OldPine 10:17, 24 December 2006 (EST)
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet, or who does not use it.
We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify him/her.
Such an IP address can be shared by several users.
If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.