Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
However, even more important than following every guideline is to PLUNGE FORWARD and write something – someone will be along to help with the formatting later! Add your hometown, or a place you’ve visited often!
It is also a good idea to create your own account on Wikitravel because it will give you various benefits:
- Ability to communicate with other writers about your edits and travel tips
- Ability to turn off advertising in your Account Settings
- Credit for your travel writing/edits, which will be attributed to you rather than just an IP address
- Your contributions will be more trusted as you become familiar to other Wikitravelers
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. We are looking forward to seeing you on Wikitravel! --Binbin (talk) 21:34, 15 February 2014 (EST)
- Thanks for the welcome, Binbin.
- If I register an account, will I be able to set my default thumbnail size to something a bit larger? (Currently it seems rather small compared to the default of 220px at Wikipedia - but then I suppose the advertising does take up a fair chunk of the screen width...)
- I must admit I struggle with your fiendish Captchas - it must put a lot of people off and yet it seems to do nothing to stop the flood of linkspam you seem to be inundated with. Why do you think that is? --18.104.22.168 22:00, 15 February 2014 (EST)
- Hi! Yes, using an account is far more comfortable indeed, no hesitation :) And yes, fighting spam is a fierce battle; the balance is hard to reach, but hopefully we'll find something, don't worry. PierrB (talk) 11:32, 16 February 2014 (EST)
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet, or who does not use it.
We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify him/her.
Such an IP address can be shared by several users.
If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.