Hello. I am disppointed that your have reverted this page to a version by 'Swissbelg', and then blocked editting. His recent actions have been both unhelpful and arrogant. Three people, of which I am one, have editted the wording of a section. 'Swissbelg' has consistently reverted these changes. Not only is the version he insists on less accurate but he appears to consider his opinion superior to those of others: 3 other people. When a number of people are consistent in oppostion to his then it seems reasonable that he should accept that his edits shouldn't remain.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- When an edit war occurs, we are encouraged to keep the status quo (the version previous to the edit war) and discuss on the talk page until a consensus is reached. You may say that 3 other people disagree with Swissbelg, but it could just as easily be you at three different IP addresses-- it would be helpful to make a user account so people can see who made what edit more easily and to give you a little credibility-- and you have been told more than once to bring it up on the talk page. For the record, I agree with Swissbelg, that we at Wikitravel prefer colorful, entertaining prose. What is written there is not wrong because it is obviously tongue-in-cheek, and that's fine. texugo 21:39, 14 April 2011 (EDT)
- By the way, I blocked editing only for unregistered users who haven't bothered to make a user account. texugo 21:39, 14 April 2011 (EDT)
- "What is written there is not wrong because it is obviously tongue-in-cheek, and that's fine." But the issue is 3 people wanted another version (which itself was not wrong) but 'Swissbelg' chose to ignore this consensus and insist on that they preferred.
- This edit summary  clearly demonstrates that 'Swissbelg' believes "what they think is correct, everyone else is wrong and therefore what they think should be included."
- It's very easy to identify that the changes which 'Swissbelg' ignored and rubbish are from 3 different people: , , .
- "..unregistered users who haven't bothered to make a user account." And do you really believe your and 'Swissbelg' actions encourage people to join?
- Like it or not, things are being reverted back and forth, and that is what we call an edit war. When that happens, we keep the pre-change version and we take it up on the discussion page. I'm not saying your change will not be allowed to stay, but you cannot make your point by edit warring. Please state your reasons for wanting the change on the discussion page at Talk:Laos. texugo 05:28, 15 April 2011 (EDT)
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet, or who does not use it.
We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify him/her.
Such an IP address can be shared by several users.
If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.