Good: http://www.carolinainn.com - Bad: http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/RDUPCDT-The-Carolina-Inn-Chapel-Hill-North-Carolina/index.do
Good: http://tarrytown.hilton.com - Bad: http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/TERHIDT-Doubletree-Hotel-Tarrytown-New-York/index.do
Please see the Wikitravel:External links guidelines for further information - thanks. ~ 220.127.116.11 13:04, 11 January 2008 (EST)
Please read Wikitravel:Don't tout - copying the same listing to
five six articles is a significant violation of our touting policy. -- Ryan • (talk) • 17:10, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- And please read SEO—Wikitravel is not for advertising. Your contributions are being reverted as soon as they are made, so you are wasting your time and your employer's money. --Peter Talk 16:48, 22 July 2010 (EDT)
I've blocked you from editing for one day to avoid wasting more of your and our time. Please leave a note on this talk page once you have read the guidelines for hotel marketers so that it is clear that you understand Wikitravel's guidelines. -- Ryan • (talk) • 14:59, 31 March 2011 (EDT)
- I've blocked you for a week. Any contributions from this IP address are being reverted on sight, so please reply on this talk page when you have read the Wikitravel:Don't tout policy so that it is clear we've gotten your attention. -- Ryan • (talk) • 19:21, 13 December 2011 (EST)
Create an account
Hello! Welcome to Wikitravel.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
However, even more important than following every guideline is to PLUNGE FORWARD and write something – someone will be along to help with the formatting later! Add your hometown, or a place you’ve visited often!
It is also a good idea to create your own account on Wikitravel because it will give you various benefits:
- Ability to communicate with other writers about your edits and travel tips
- Ability to turn off advertising in your Account Settings
- Credit for your travel writing/edits, which will be attributed to you rather than just an IP address
- Your contributions will be more trusted as you become familiar to other Wikitravelers
- No need to pass recaptcha test
If you need help, check out Wikitravel:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. We are looking forward to seeing you on Wikitravel! -- IBAlex
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet, or who does not use it.
We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify him/her.
Such an IP address can be shared by several users.
If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.