I was born in Trani, a small but beautiful town in Apulia (Puglia), Italy but grew up in Milano, Italy. At 18 years old I left Milano to go to College in the USA and graduated from Northeastern University in Boston.
After graduation I lived in Falmouth Foreside and worked in Portland, Maine. Moved back to Boston and, after a few years, moved to New York City, New York. Left my heart in NYC and moved to San Francisco, California. Finally, 18 years after graduation, I moved back to Milano, Italy – where I reside today.
Travelling has always fascinated me. Opened my mind and my heart.
I remember, in no particular order the following places:
- Barcelona, Spain - biking in the old part of town and then celebrating with tapas and cerveza!
- Bretagne, France - mystical.
- Brookline, massachusetts- my first home away from home.
- Brooklyn, New York - where I ate the best steak in the world!
- Casa Grande, Arizona, a stange hotel, in the middle of nowhere...sand storm and a Star Trek reunion...need I say more?
- Chicago - where I heard the blues feeling the blues.
- Guam, South Pacific Ocean - shopping malls in the middle of the ocean? Yup! But away from the shops many beautiful spots and unforgettable sunsets.
- Hong Kong, China - celebrating Billy and Sharon’s wedding – loved it all!
- Lourdes, France - if you have no faith, you will witness faith!
- Macau, HK - people bringing bird cages in the park!
- Madrid, Spain - where I fell in love with a torero.
- Kuda Haara, Kaafu, Maldives, the way they were about 30 years ago….
- Miami, Florida - the first impact of heat wave exiting the airport.
- New Mexico, USA – a cold and starry night!
- Peterborough,New Hampshire- first Thanksgiving in the US and much more.
- Porto Cervo, Costa Smeralda in the region of Sardinia (Sardegna), Italy. Crystal clear sea, sun, friends, party!
- Puerto Rico, where a stanger asked my father my hand!
- San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy - home of Padre Pio....seen in January, with no crowd, I fully enjoyed the beauty of the new church and the feeling of holiness.
- Scotland - where else can you find snow, sun, rain, wind and then again sun all in the same day?
- Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt - loved the sea…the rest, I can do without.
- The Black Forest, Germany - where I got my first kiss.
- The Southwest, USA - again sun, sand, mountains, canyons, hot, cold, stars, squirrels and peackocks and much more.
- Tobago, Caribbean - a little girl with dreadlocks named Marina.
- US Virgin Islands - watching colibris have lunch on huge flowers, pelicans dive in the sea, “ball fish” floating on the waves.
- Vermont, - cannot forget a small blonde boy building a snow castle!