I am originally from the tiny city of Pampa, Texas, and I lived for 10 years in Denton, not far from bustling Dallas. I lived in Japan for 7 and a half years, the first of those in Tottori and the rest in Hamamatsu. In Japan, I am also familiar with Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Nagoya, Nara, Okayama, Yokohama and of course, Tokyo.
Other places I have traveled:
- 4 months, covering nine states of Brazil, including 6 weeks in Rio de Janeiro
- Thailand - Bangkok, Pattaya, Ayutthaya, Aranya Pratthet
- Cambodia - Siem Reap, Poipet
- The Philippines - Manila and Boracay
- Northern Mexico - Monterrey
- Canada - Vancouver, British Columbia, Alberta, Toronto
- South Korea - Seoul
- 44 of my own 50 United States
I speak English natively, Portuguese fluently, and Japanese well, and I can speak Spanish and Mandarin to lesser extents, and bits of other languages.