I LOVE South Africa, hence the reason I chose this user name! I have been a resident for 25years, and am originally from Zimbabwe (formerly Rhodesia).
Here are some of my favourite websites in South Africa, I hope you enjoy them :)
- South Africa travel directoryThis website is great because it has many travel and tourism links for South Africa, organised neatly by province. If you are planning a trip here, this one is a must for you.
- Car rental South AfricaThis car rental website is new on the scene, but offers excellent rates, with a pretty nifty instant quotation system, give them a try!
- Fish Hoek accommodationI used to stay in Fish Hoek, Cape Town for a few years. Whenever I visit, I stay at the A Whale of a Time. I love their apartments, and the views, its always nice to see Anton and Colleen, who own the establishment.
- Garden route guest farmThe Garden Route is one of the biggest tourist attractions in South Africa. I have stayed with Engela and her family at their guest farm Zoutpan many times. The farm is perfectly situated between major tourist destinations and is great as a basecamp. Engela's friendly hospitality and fun farm activities are always welcome!
- Langebaan Luxury AccommodationThe town of Langebaan on the West Coast of South Africa is one of the most beautifull places to stay. This place is amazing, peacefull, not overrun with tourists, but loads of activities and fun things to do!
- Luxury Stellenbosch Guesthouse and SpaThis is the website of an awesome guesthouse in Stellenbosch, which is in the heart of the Cape Winelands. Suited more for the discerning visitor to the area, the guesthouse is all about luxury.
- Cape Town hotelsCape Hotels is a collection of privately owned guesthouses, hotels and bnb's in Cape Town and also the rest of South Africa.
- Sandboards by Sand CruzerSandboarding is the new extreme sport of the times! Tons of fun, and relatively safe it has taken off in a big way in Cape Town. Check out Allan's website to see his hand made sandboards, really cool!
- Wedding cakes in Cape TownEmma Nicholas makes THE most divine wedding cakes in the whole world! The business runs from Cape Town, and I can HIGHLY RECOMMEND the chocolate wedding cake with a chocolate collar, berries and broken chocolate cigars!!! If you want to get married in Cape Town, you have got to get one of these cakes.
- Car hireSouth AfricaThis car hire company has been in operation in South Africa since 1990 and is well established, with branches at all major airports. They definitely live up to their motto, which is Customers Appreciate Better Service.
- Zambezi river lodgeKalizo Lodge on the Zambezi river is amazing, views and wildlife to die for! I can highly recommend their accommodation and services, which are reasonably priced.
- Paintball gunsThis extreme sport website for Paintball in Cape Town South Africa offers excellent military simulation paintball guns for sale, I got an AK47 and am very pleased!
- Johannesburg GuesthouseEmerald Guesthouse near OR Tambo airport in Johannesburg is well priced and the ideal place to stop over, near the airport. Plenty of rooms, self catering or not are available. Bar on site!