At Japan's southernmost point
I'm a native of Tokyo, Japan, and that's my home. I previously spent 15 years living in Seattle, Washington with very frequent visits to Portland, Oregon (but incredibly not a single one to Vancouver, British Columbia).
I tend to see the world in three-month chunks:
- 1990 - Ten weeks of Eurailing and hosteling in Europe, five months after the Berlin Wall fell: Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, United Kingdom
- 1997 - Three months bicycling through Southeast Asia : Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Hong Kong, China, Macau
- 2000 - Three months criscrossing Brazil by bus
Prospective future destinations??
Other travel-related topics I'm interested in :
- Public transportation
- Bicycling (non-competitive)
- Exotic foods, especially insects
- Languages and writing systems
I work as a software engineer, but I've given up on gaining significant expertise in that area. I go by the same name on Wikipedia.
|| This user is a native speaker of English.
|| Cette personne peut contribuer avec un niveau élémentaire de français.
|| Este usuario puede contribuir con un nivel básico de español.
|| Este usuário pode contribuir com um nível básico de Português.