About me
I am a famous artist in my hometown, but little known elsewhere. With my travels, I try to expose my art to the world, and get inspiration for new works of art.
In addition to having a lot of experience traveling, I also have a plethora of experience editing Wikipedia.
 My travels
I have visited all but a few of the 50 states and 23 countries.
I have been on road trips, airplanes, trains, buses, cruises, and tours.
I have visited many famous sites around the world.
I have stayed at hotels of all classes, motels, bed and breakfasts, campgrounds, and have couch surfed.
Besides all the places I have already been to, I have a long wish list of places to go in my life.
 My goals for Wikitravel
I write a lot about travel topics, info that can be helpful for travelers. There is plenty to write about in travel topics.
I am trying to get all articles categorized, using the same structure followed by Wikipedia. One thing I have discovered is that Wikitravel is poorly categorized, making it harder to find articles at all, or articles related to what one is reading about. I found that rather than having a Wikipedia-like category structure, there are just a few lists with no rhyme or reason to their order. While I am doing my best to fix this, it is not a one-person job. There are over 80,000 articles on the project, and I am hoping many other people will join me until it is complete. I am in the process of writing a policy for categorization here. At the present time, I am trying, little by little, to get all articles categorized in the following order:
- I am working in geographic order, starting where I live, and then outward from here. I am trying to work on a county a day on days I have time. There are over 3000 counties in the US, so obviously, this is not a one-person job.
- In order to create categories for places worldwide, I am selecting random articles and categorizing them. Many of the categories I am creating for these are initially temporary, and may be split even more as more articles are added. As I am just in the infancy of doing this, many categories may have just one article in the beginning, or may be extremely broad. A lot of categories are only temporary until they can be further refined (e.g. Populated places in [country]).
I am not so much into writing about places, since most of them have been written about already. But if I see some missing info, I would add it. I have created articles on many places near where I live.
I am all over the map … literally. Just look at my contributions to see my variety of edits and the lack of order to them.
 How others can help
- Work on categorizing articles on places around where you live, using a Wikipedia-like category structure
- Work on categorizing articles on places where you have traveled to, likewise using a Wikipedia-like category structure. Keep in mind that every country has a different system for its smaller divisions.
- Improve incomplete articles on places near where you live or where you have traveled to, filling in the blanks, adding the names of one or more attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc. Every little bit helps.
If you are a busy person, you can make a few edits here and there when you have a few moments spare time every now and then. It is even possible to edit on most smartphones and tablets.
 Articles I have created
 Travel topics
- Apartment hotel
- Aviation security
- Cultural tolerance
- Culture shock
- Driving in a foreign country
- Hotel reviews
- Intercity bus travel in the United States (not credited to my screen name)
- Internet access while traveling abroad
- Interstate Highway System
- Kosher foods while traveling
- Moving (domestic)
- Observing the Jewish Sabbath while traveling
- Public transportation
- Rest area
- Traffic congestion
- Unbranded hotels
- Anne Arundel County
- Carroll County (Maryland)
- Harford County
- Owings Mills
- Pikesville (not credited to my screen name)
- White Marsh
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Vatican City