- This article is an itinerary.
Route 62 in South Africa is extending from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth and is seen as an alternative for the commonly known route on the coastal highway N2, which takes you through the Garden Route.
- Langkloof (Route 62) - Better known as the Fruit Route, the Langkloof fruit region is the second largest deciduous fruit-producing area in South Africa. This used to be the home ground of Bushmen and Gonagua Hottentots. Today the ‘Apple Express’ runs through the valley, linking all the fruit growing villages and towns.
- Joubertina. Established in 1907 on a section of farmland, it is home to the famous Kouga Mummy - the only mummy ever found in the southern hemisphere, and early Bushmen paintings. The first building in Joubertina, the Dutch Reformed Church was erected in 1911 and is still standing today. Other than historical significance, Joubertina also has over 30 mountain bike and hiking trails to choose from. The Kloof Hotel and the Hotel Tavern have great historical significance. Be sure to have a look at the display of over 1000 miniature car models at the Hotel Tavern. edit
- Kareedouw. This little town’s name is derived from the Khoe phrase meaning “path by the Karee trees”. It is situated 120 kilometres from Port Elizabeth, Kareedouw is the gateway to the Langkloof and is nestled between the Tsitsikamma and Suuranys Mountains. Look out for the high quality black-, yellow- and stinkwood furniture produced here, as well as the numerous interesting National Heritage Sites. edit
- Krakeel River. In Krakeel, almost all the houses are situated on the banks of the river which originates on the northern slopes of Formosa Peak (1675 meter high), the highest point of the Tsitsikamma Mountains. The Formosa Nature Reserve is situated between Haarlem and Krakeel River. edit
- Louterwater Landgoed, Joubertina, ☎ +27 (042) 272-1724 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Louterwater Estate is a fruit farm which offer organised tours through the farm. There are also two hiking trails and 4x4 routes on the grounds. There are four log cabins and a camping site available next to the river. Take along your mountain bike and fishing rod to enjoy some relaxation in nature. edit