Union is a township in New Jersey.
Union is located in Union County, New Jersey. Union was first formed in 1808 by taking portions of the neighboring towns of Linden, Roselle Park, Kenilworth, and Hillside. In recent years it has been voted the 75th best place to live in America because of its diversity and easy access into New York City. Union is home to some historic sites from the American Revolutionary War.
Union is just six miles outside of Newark Liberty International Airport. Approximate travel time: Ten minutes. Contact: 1-973-961-600.
Union is exit 138 on the Garden State Parkway.
Located just across from Kean University, Union is home to a New Jersey Transit Station on the Raritan Valley Line. Residents can easily travel to Newark Penn Station and New York Penn Station using this railroad line. Address: 900 Green Lane, Union, NJ, 07083.
Union Taxi located at 2034 Morris Ave, Union, New Jersey. Contact: (908)-688-8294
New Jersey Transit is the public transportation in New Jersey. There are stops throughout Union where residents can catch a bus. Address: 1007 Stuyvesant Avenue, Union, NJ, 07083. Contact: (908)-688-7359
- Caldwell Parsonage, 909 Caldwell Avenue. During the Revolutionary War this home was located at the site of the Connecticut Farms Battle. At the time a minster and his wife, Hannah Caldwell, lived here. Hannah Caldwell was the victim of a gun shot wound, which soon after caused her death. There are rumors and tails of Hannah Caldwell haunting this home to this very day. edit
- Washington's Headquarters, Stuyvesant Avenue. A landmark where General George Washington declared his headquarters after the British Hessian army retreated on June 7th 1780. edit
- Liberty Hall Museum, 1003 Morris Avenue (Located on the campus of Kean University), ☎ (908)-572-0400. Home to New Jersey's first elected governor and signer of the constitution, William Livingston. The home was built in 1772 on the eve of the revolution and has since witnessed over 200 years of history. edit
- Suburban Golf Course, ☎ (908)-686-0444. A private 18 hole golf course located in the heart of Union. edit
- Galloping Hill Golf Course, ☎ (908)-686-1556. A public 18 hole golf course located on the border of Union and Kenilworth. edit
- Galloping Hill Grill, 325 Chestnut Street, ☎ (908)-686-2683. Located at 5 points in Union, Galloping Hill is not only a restaurant but also a landmark. They have been making hot dogs and burgers for over 80 years in the same location. In recent years Galloping Hill was featured on the Food Network for its hot dogs. edit
- Rio 22, Route 22, ☎ (908)-206-0060. Serves a diverse spectrum of food ranging from grilled Brazilian to sushi. edit
- Van Gogh's Ear Cafe, 1017 Stuyvesant Avenue (in Union center), ☎ (908)-810-1844. A small artsy cafe that serves fresh food and great coffee. They are well liked for their live local music acts. edit
- Paddy's Place, 999 Rosemont Avenue (in Union center), ☎ (908)-686-6935. Attracts many different types of residents. They have a jukebox with a wide selection of genres. On Thursday nights you will find karaoke and on Friday they have live music for everybody to enjoy. edit
- CC Muggs Inc., 1628 Stuyvesant Avenue, ☎ (908)-688-6644. A great atmosphere and cheap prices on their drinks for everyone to enjoy. edit
WikiPedia: Union Township, Union County, New Jersey