Uchiko is located in the centre of Ehime Prefecture.
From JR Matsuyama:
About 25 minutes by Uwakai Limited Express (¥1250) or about 50 minutes on the JR Yosan Line (予讃線) (¥770).
Okayama is about 3 1/2 hours away via two limited express trains, the Shiokaze and the Uwakai, changing trains in Matsuyama (¥7070).
Access is via Route 56 (about 1 hour 10 from Matsuyama) or the Highway (about 30 minutes from Matsuyama).
From Matsuyama airport: Kounan Bus.
From Osaka: Iyotetsu Bus.
From Osaka/Kyoto: JR Shikoku Bus.
From Nagoya: Iyotetsu Bus.
From Tokyo: Iyotetsu Bus.
- Uchiko-za theatre (内子座 Uchiko-za). Ehime's oldest Kabuki and Bunraku theatre, which was built in the final years of the Meiji Era and renovated in the 1980s.
- Preservation district (町並み machinami). The preserved historic district of Uchiko. Visit the residences of wax producers and buy handmade Japanese wax candles.
- Sleeping Buddha (ねはん nehan) and Kōsho-ji temple (室町時代 Kōshojidera). A giant sleeping Buddha in front of a 15th century temple.
- Tenjin Paper Factory (天神産紙工場 Tenjin sanshi kōjō). A small factory making Ozu washi located in Ikazaki’s Tenjin district. Paper making workshops are ¥500 per person (Mon-Fri).
- Covered bridge (太鼓橋 taikobashi). Picturesque covered wooden bridge in Ishidatami.