Twentynine Palms  is a small town in the California Desert located on the north border of Joshua Tree National Park.
- Murals, (Highway 62 between Smoketree Ave. and Yucca Ave.). The town has multiple murals painted on the sides of buildings all around town that present the history and personalities of the town. A sign listing the location of all the murals is located on the north side of Highway 62 between Smoketree Ave. and Yucca Ave. Free. edit
- Old Schoolhouse Museum (Twentynine Palms Historical Society), 6760 National Park Dr., Twentynine Palms, CA, ☎ 760-367-2366, . The Old Schoolhouse is the oldest public building in the Morongo Basin area having come into existence in 1927. The school began in the truest pioneering fashion. After being denied requested funds from San Bernardino County, the inhabitants of the surrounding area decided to take matters into their own hands. Working solely on the assistance and altruism of the community, the one-room schoolhouse was born, originally hosting eight students, hailing from different corners of the Morongo Basin. The Schoolhouse is now home to a museum and gift shop operated by the Twentynine Palms Historical Society. Exhibits center around the groups that were important to the history of the Twentynine Palms area: the Native Americans, miners, cattlemen, homesteaders, and military. Regular Hours: September - June, Wednesday through Sunday 1 - 4 p.m. Summer Hours: July and August, Saturday and Sunday 1 - 4 p.m. free. (34.131407,-116.04738) edit
- 29 Palms Inn, Tel: (760) 367-3505, . Located around the Oasis of Mara, at the Northern entrance to the park. Established in 1929, 29 Palms Inn is a historic collection of wood and adobe cabins with a restaurant/bar and swimming pool available on the grounds. The focus of the Inn is on the slow pace of the desert and the community of people who come to visit. Minimizing distractions of the outside world, the rooms do not come with telephones, radios, clocks, and only very small, black-and-white, televisions without cable.
- Joshua Desert Retreats, . 12 vacation rental homes in the Wonder Valley on the east side of town, minutes to the Northern entrance of Joshua Tree National Park and Twentynine Palms Marine Base. All of the houses are on 5-15 acres and are fully furnished to give guests a real desert experience without sacrificing modern comforts.
- Best Western Gardens Motel, 71487 29 Palms Highway, (760) 367-9141, Fax: (760) 367-2584, .
- Motel 6, 72562 Twentynine Palms Highway, (760) 367-2833, Fax: (760) 367-4965, .
- El Rancho Dolores Motel, 73352 29 Palms Highway, ☎ (760) 367-3528, . edit
- Hotel 29 Palms Inn & Suites, 71809 29 Palms Highway, ☎ (760) 361-4009 (email@example.com), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. The hotel the largest pool deck in the area, heated pool that is half in the sun and half in the shade allowing guests to cool off without getting sunburned. There is a fitness center as well. Free breakfast consisting of both hot and cold food items is offered. The hotel is very handicapped-accessible with several rooms featuring roll-in showers and lifts for both the pool and the spa. $79-109. edit
- Country Inn 29 Palms, 71487 29 Palms Highway, ☎ (760) 367-0070, . edit
- Harmony Inn, 71161 29 Palms Highway, ☎ (760) 367-3351, . edit
- Circle C Lodge, 6340 El Rey Ave, ☎ (760) 367-7615, . edit
- Joshua Tree National Park. The large national park south of the town is home to two desert ecosystems and is a favorite for campers, hikers, and rock-climbers.