Tullow is a town of 3,000 people, in the north-east of County Carlow. Settled on the River Slaney (a resource which the town uses to its full potential) and steeped in history, the town is surrounded by picturesque beauty spots. It is currently enjoying a period of unprecedented development and growth, as more and more people choose Tullow for its quiet setting and proximity to larger urban areas. It is 15km from Carlow Town.
- N80 from Carlow Town
- N81 from Dublin
A statue of Father John Murphy, a rebellious leader who fought for Irish independence, stands in the centre of the town. He was captured and executed in the Market Square in July 1798.
A small museum is in the town which provides information on the events around 1798 and other historical items of local interest.
- Killerig Golf Club . Open from 8AM each morning, the seven-year-old course is adjacent to the Ramada Hotel and Suites. Green fees start at €35, but special offers are often available. More information is available on its members website .
- Mount Wolseley Golf . The Christy O'Connor Jr. designed course is a par 72 and 7,206 yards long off the championship tees. Golf carts and clubs are available from the golf shop, which is open daily from 10AM - 5PM. Private dining is available in the adjacent Mount Wolseley Hilton.
- Krish Indian Restaurant, Church Street, +353 (0)59 9180851. Main courses range from €8 to €15. MO-TH 5:00 - 11:30, FR-SU 5:00 - 12:00.
- Forge Restaurant Kilbride, Ballon Tel +353(0) 59 9159939. The very best in Traditional Irish Food in an old granite stone building. 1km from Altamont gardens. Worth a visit!
- The Irish Bar, The Square.
- Killamaster House, Killamaster, +353 (0)59 9163654, (e-mail: email@example.com), . Farmhouse with beautiful views. 2006 prices from €35 per person sharing.
- Geradline House, Aghade, Kilbride, +353 (0)59 9155680, (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), . 18th Century lodge with private fishing and three guest rooms.
- Ballyderrin House, Shillelagh Road, +353 (0)59 9152742, (e-mail: email@example.com), . Close to Tullow Town, with spacious gardens for private use.
- Laburnum Lodge, Bunclody Road, +353 (0)59 9151718, (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), . Georgian house set in the Slaney Valley. 1km from Tullow, and within reachable distance of golf courses and fishing.
- Sherwood Park House, Kilbride, +353 (0)59 9159117, (e-mail: email@example.com, fax: +353 (0)59 9159355), . Located in nearby Kilbride, Sherwood Park is a Georgian home situated on 100 acre mixed farm. Rates from €50pps.
- Mount Wolseley Hilton, Tullow, + 353 (0)59 9151674, (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +353 (0)59 9151728), . Luxurious hotel Spa & Country Club featuring a 200-acre golf course designed by Irish golfer Christy O'Connor Jr.
- Ramada Hotel and Suites at Killerig Golf Resort, +353 (0)59 9163050 (e-mail: email@example.com, fax: +353 (0)59 9163051, . Recently opened 4 star hotel, offering 42 bedrooms with private balconies and 37 course-side lodges with 3, 4 or 5 bedrooms. Located at Killerig, a few kilometres from Tullow.
- Ballykealy Manor Hotel, Ballon, +353 (0)59 9159288 (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +353 (0)59 9159297), . Fully refurbished guestrooms just outside the nearby village of Ballon.