Tucumcari  is a small town in northeastern New Mexico, United States of America. It is located along Interstate 40 and is the first town of significance in New Mexico if driving west from Texas along that route. The town is a highlight for those following the former Route 66, as it contains a large amount of Route 66-era neon and colorful signs.
Tucumcari is one of the historic wide-spots-in-the-road along Route 66 across the United States, which follows Interstate 40 in this region. It is about 1 hour and 40 minutes west of Amarillo, and 2 hours and 40 minutes east of Albuquerque by way of I-40. This section of I-40 was one of the last Interstate highway sections to become 4-lane, limited-access, but it's now good road and should be open in all but the worst winter conditions.
Tucumcari Municipal Airport  is a general aviation airport east of the city, conveniently located on the north side of Interstate 40.
Amarillo International Airport  is the closest airport with commercial airline service.
Albuquerque International Sunport  is farther away but has many more flight connections.
Tucumcari is accessed via any one of four exits off Interstate 40. Exits 329 and 335 both connect to Tucumcari Boulevard, also known as Route 66 Boulevard, which runs east-west. Exit 332 and 333 connect to First Street and Mountain Street (respectively), which both run north-south.
- Mesalands Dinosaur Museum, 222 East Laughlin Street, ☎ +1 575 461-3466, . March 1 - Labor Day: Tu-Sa 10AM-6PM; Labor Day - February 28/29: Tu-Sa 12PM-5PM. Dinosaur exhibits, children's activities and educational gift shop. $5.50/4.50/3.50/3.00/Free (Adults/Seniors/Children 5-11/College Students/Children under 5).
- Tucumcari Historical Museum, 416 S. Adams St., ☎ +1 575 461-4201 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Memorial Day-Labor Day: M-Sa 8AM-6PM; Labor Day-Memorial Day M-F 8AM-6PM. Tucumcari, Quay County and surrounding area historical exhibits and displays, including a Route 66 exhibit. $2/.50 (Adults/Children).
- Wall Murals, . Tucumcari has over 50 wall murals throughout town and painted vintage gas stations. Mural tour maps are available at the Tucumcari Chamber of Commerce.
- Route 66 Monument. See the world famous Route 66 monument in front of the Tucumcari Convention Center. A Route 66 tailfin sculpture meant to evoke the golden age of the automobile!
- Historic Main Street District, .
- Tucumcari Train Depot. Recently restored 1926 Spanish mission style historic railroad depot.
- Eastern New Mexico Art Space, 201 S 2nd Street.
- Tucumcari Mountain Cheese Factory, 823 E Main Street, ☎ 575-461-4045.
- Floeck's Ostrich Ranch, 3705 Quay Road 64.5, ☎ 575-461-1657, . Emu & Ostrich, eggs, hide, gift shop and more.
- Mesalands Iron Pour. Annual Iron Pour at Mesalands Community College every March, with Bronze Artists from around the world.
- Bluegrass Music Festival. Annual Eastern New Mexico Bluegrass Music Festival every May, with bands from around the country.
- Rockabilly on the Route, . Route 66 and New Mexico's largest annual Rockabilly event with bands from around the world, a classic car show, burnout contest, pin-up contest and Route 66 parade. First full weekend in June!
- Rodeos. State 4H Horse Show and Rodeo in July and Intercollegiate Rodeo in October.
- Quay County Fair. Annual county fair in August, with animal exhibits and carnival.
- Fired Up Festival, . Annual Fired Up Festival every September. Fire dancers, pottery, blacksmiths and other fire related displays.
- Holiday Craft Fair. Annual Holiday Craft Fair each November.
- Christmas Parade of Lights. Annual Christmas Parade of Lights each December. Christmas themed lighted floats along Route 66.
- Historic Odeon Theatre, ☎ 575-461-0100. 1930's historic movie theater, recently renovated and modernized, including digital sound and 3D!
- Mountain View Bowling, ☎ 575-461-2133.
- Tucumcari Convention Center, 1500 W Route 66 Blvd, ☎ 575-461-3064, . Full service convention center with meeting rooms, a bar, Route 66 photo exhibit and the Route 66 monument.
- Tucumcari Municipal Golf Course, 4465 Route 66, ☎ 575-461-1849, .
- Conchas Lake State Park, . Boating, fishing, hiking, camping.
- Ute Lake State Park, . Boating, fishing, hiking, camping.
- 12 Shores at Ute Lake, . Luxury resort community and Jack Nicklaus designed Golf Course!
- Route 66 Wedding Chapel, 824 East Route 66 Blvd. Get married or renew your wedding vows on The Mother Road! Packages for everyone's budget!
- Tepee Curios, 924 E Route 66 Blvd, ☎ 575-461-3773, . Last of the original Route 66 curio shops in New Mexico, don't miss it!
- Tucumcari Trading Post on Route 66, 1900 W Route 66 Blvd, ☎ 575-461-3889, . Antiques, collectibles, petroliana, porcelain signs, native jewelry, western relics and more. If you can't find it, you don't need it!
- Route 66 Trade Station, . Trade shop located inside a vintage gas station. Buy, sell and trade!
- Mother Road Old Time Pics, . Old time photography shop.
- Contemporary Designs, . Custom handbags, collectible hot sauces, handmade art, hats, soaps, lotions, Route 66 gifts and more.
- Bishop's Handmade Boots, . Custom handmade to order cowboy boots, one pair at a time!
- Tucumcari Ranch Supply, . An original town and country general store. Everything from cowboy boots and hats, to western wear clothing and even the kitchen sink!
- Christmas Shop of Tucumcari, . Year round Christmas shop with unique ornaments and one of a kind gifts!
- JX Ranch Natural Beef, . Natural free range beef from a real working cattle ranch!
- Del's Restaurant, 1202 E Route 66 Blvd, ☎ +1 575 461-1740 (email@example.com, fax: +1 575 461-8418), . Lunches & Dinners $8-12.
- K-Bob's Steakhouse, 200 E Estrella Ave, ☎ +1 575 461-0002, .
- KIX on 66, 1102 E. Route 66 Blvd., ☎ +1 575 461-1966 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 575 461-8418), . Wifi cafe. Lunches $4-7.
- Pow Wow Restaurant & Lizard Lounge, 801 W Route 66 Blvd, ☎ +1 575 461-2587, . Featuring certified Angus beef and fine New Mexican cuisine.
- Circa Espresso Bar, . Espresso, tea, latte, mocha, frappucino, snacks and more.
- Cornerstone Deli & Frozen Custard, . Deli sandwiches, frozen custard and marble slab ice cream.
- Watson's BBQ, . Barbecue beef, sausage and ribs every Friday and Saturday!
- Joe's Back N The Day, . Eat at Joe's! Classic Route 66 diner fare and Mexican food.
- Lizard Lounge, 801 W Route 66 Blvd, ☎ 575-461-2587, . Beer, wine and spirits. Large screen TV sports, Karaoke, LIVE Entertainment and Dancing.
- TriStar Lounge, . The widest variety of spirits in town! If we don't have it, we'll order it for you.
- Branding Iron, 3716 E Route 66 Blvd, ☎ 575-461-3780. Beer & Wine ONLY.
- Rockin Y's Roadhouse, 1806 E. Route 66 Blvd., ☎ 575-461-3470. Beer & Wine ONLY.
- Roadrunner Lodge, 1023 E Route 66 Boulevard, ☎ +1 575 282-7866 (email@example.com), . checkin: 4pm; checkout: 10AM. Luxury for a bargain! Lovingly restored throughout 2014 and 2015, Roadrunner Lodge was originally built as Leatherwood Manor in 1964. Roadrunner Lodge features 1960s swank with modern conveniences such as plush eurotop mattresses, thick towels, HDTV with over 120 satellite channels, free high speed Wi-Fi internet, and cold A/C. Frequently compared to 4 and 5 star properties one can find in larger cities, Roadrunner Lodge might just be the best rest available on the entire route. $66 and up.
- Motel Safari, 722 East Route 66, ☎ +1 575 461-1048 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. World famous Motel Safari est. 1959 classic motor court lodging with today's modern amenities, squeaky clean rooms and the best beds on the Mother Road! Sealy Posturepedic pillowtop mattresses, down pillows, 32 inch flat panel TV's, air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi and on-line reservations. $45 & Up!.
- JX Guest Ranch, . Bunk houses on a real working cattle ranch!
- Best Western Discovery Inn, 200 E. Estrella, +1 575 461-4884.
- Blue Swallow Motel, 815 East Tucumcari Blvd., ☎ ''+1 575'' 461-9849 (email@example.com, fax: ''+1 575'' 461-9905), . Closed December-February. Rates $89.95 and up!
- Comfort Inn, 2800 E. Tucumcari Blvd., +1 575 461-4099.
- Desert Inn, 2420 S 1st Street, ☎ (888) 971-3147, .
- Hampton Inn, 3409 E. Tucumcari , +1 575 461-1111.
- Historic Route 66 Motel, 1620 E Hwy 66, ☎ (575) 461-1212, .
- Rodeway Inn East, 1023 E. Tucumcari Blvd., +1 575 461-4444.
- Tucumcari Inn, 1700 E. Tucumcari Blvd, ☎ +1 575 461-7800 (firstname.lastname@example.org), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 2624 S. Adams, ☎ 575-461-3459. Free Breakfast & WIFI
- KOA RV Park & Campgrounds, 6299 Quay Road AL, ☎ 575-461-1841, .
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!