Tsethang (Tibetan: རྕེ་ཐང་ Chinese: 泽当) is a prefecture city in Lhokha Prefecture.
Bus from either long-distance or mid-distance bus stations in Lhasa to Tsethang early mornings daily. Return from Shannan Bus Station several times in morning. New long-distance bus station is about to open in spring 2015, it's in the East end of the town. Walk to downtown take about 20 minutes.
There is many public buses going all around the town.
- Mt Gongpori and the Monkey Cave - said to be birthplace of Tibetan people
- Tsethang Gompa (Ganden Choekhorling) - small monastery near downtown
- Tradruk Temple (ཁྲ་འབྲུག་) - one of the oldest temple in Tibet, legend says king exterminated 5 dragons in lake near temple and built temple in victory. Famous Thangka made of pearls. Public bus #2 goes there from Nedong street in south direction for Y1 RMB every about 15 minutes.
- Sheldrak Drubpuk (Crystal Caves) - location where Guru Rinpoche meditated and so important pilgrimage site.
- King's Tombs at Chongye - Located in village of Chongye, 28 km south of Tsethang, was ancient capital of Tibet until transfer to Lhasa. Across river from village are groups of ancient tombs that are regarded as the graves of successive Tibetan kings, including Songtsen Ganpo himself
- Yumbulakhar (Chinese: Yubulagang) - oldest castle in Tibet, 10km South of the Tsetang town. Get there by public bus #2 from center of the town for Y1 RMB. Bus goes dirrectly under the castle. Bus goes every about 15 minutes in both directions.
Bank of China, Construction Bank and Agricultural Bank ATM's in Tsethang have written they accept foreign cards but doesn't work (winter 2015).
Tsethang Hotel (Zedang Fandian), Friendship Hotel (Youyi Binguan), Tsethang Guesthouse (Zedang Zhaodaisuo) and Post Office Guesthouse (Youdian Gongwan) are only places foreigners advised to stay.