Tring is a town in Hertfordshire, England.
The main train line from London Euston to Milton Keynes stops at Tring Station. The station is a couple of miles out of the town so you will need to arrange transport from the station into Tring. During the week day commute you can get a bus, otherwise it will be a taxi.
You can also get a bus from Watford or Hemel Hempstead to Aylesbury. There is also a bus to Luton and Dunstable.
Tring is close to the A41, and very accessible by car.
Tring is small enough that you can walk around. If you want to visit the surrounding area you will need a car.
- Natural History Museum at Tring, The Walter Rothschild Building, Akeman Street, ☎ +44 20 7942 6171, . 10am -5pm Mon-Sat, 2-5pm Sunday. Home to the Natural History Museums bird collection and the Walter Rothschild collection of stuffed animals in a Victorian setting. Free. edit
- Tring Park Woods (Tring Park Woods), Park Road (Accessed and signposted at the end of Park Road, near the National History Museum, over the Whirligig bridge), . Woodland trust land on the edge of Tring which is signposted and open to the public. Cows are often grazing in the fields so dogs should be kept under control at all times. edit
- Court Theatre at Pendley, Station Road, ☎ +44 1442 823130, . Variety of concerts through out the year. edit
- Sportspace, Mortimer Hill, ☎ +44 1442 228958, . Sports facilities open to the public when not being used by the school edit
The shops in Tring tend to be more practical and aimed at people who live and work in the area. For example there is a small bookshop, some interior design related shops, a couple of ironmongers, and a stationers. There are a large number of charity shops and estate agents. There are also a number of travel related businesses in and around Tring High Street.
- The Akeman, 9 Akeman Street, ☎ +44 1442 826027, . 9am - Midnight. Pub and restaurant at night. Also does coffee, breakfast and lunch. edit
- Meze House Restaurant (Meze House Restaurant), Frogmore Street, Tring, . Turkish restaurant in Tring. edit
- Prezzo, High street. Chain pizza restaurant
- Anusia Cafe (Anusia Cafe), High Street, Tring, ☎ 01442823993, . Vegetarian cafe in Tring edit
- Premier Travel Inn, Tring Hill (On the A41 just outside Tring), ☎ +44 870 197 7254, . From £64/night. edit
- The Rose and Crown Hotel, High Street (In the centre of Tring), ☎ +44 1442 824071, . edit
- Pendley Manor Hotel, Cow Lane (Between Tring and Tring Station), ☎ +44 1442 891891, . edit
- Walk in the Chilterns along the Ridgeway National Trail.
- Ashridge Estate, Moneybury Hill, Ringshall, Berkhamsted, ☎ +44 1494 755557, . Estate is open all year. Free. edit
- Champneys Health Spa, Wigginton, Tring, Herts, ☎ +44 870 330 0300, . edit