Trenton is a small town in Hancock County in the U.S. state of Maine. It has a population of less than 1500 people and is situated between the county seat of Ellsworth and Mount Desert Island, the location of Acadia National Park. Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport  is in Trenton. The town doesn't really have a center as such, but businesses are mainly spread out along the road between Ellsworth and Mount Desert Island. Most of Trenton (West Trenton) is quite rural.
- Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport [ is located right in Trenton, next to Blue Hill Bay, with direct flights to and from Portland and Boston. Tel: +1-207-667-7329.
The Cat Ferry has ceased operation.
Travel north up I-95 towards Bangor until Exit 182A, then briefly follow I-395 until Exit 6A leads you on to Route 1A and south 22 miles to Ellsworth and then onwards via Route 3 to Trenton. Alternatively, drive the old but more scenic Route 1 all the way up the Maine coast to Ellsworth, or take I-95 to Exit 113 (just north of Augusta) and pick up Route 3 there. To continue south beyond Trenton, follow the signs towards Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park; a causeway connects Trenton with Mount Desert Island.
- Airport & Harbor Car Service - 440 Oak Point Road. Tel: +1-207-667-5995.
- Downeast Water Colors  - 57 Riverfield Road. Tel: +1-207-667-6447. Paintings of local scenes by famous local artist Beth Whitney.
- Acadia Air Tours  at the Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport in Trenton, offers scenic flights with both gliders and old-fashioned biplanes that allow you to see the entire Ellsworth, Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park area from a unique perspective. Operates year round. Tel: +1-207-667-7627.
- SeaScape Kayaking Tours & Instructions  - operating at the Open Hearth Inn at 1147 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-207-667-2930.
- Maine's Own Treats  - 68 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-207-667-8888. Maine-made jams, jellies & maple syrup.
- Maine-ly Maine Gift Shop  - 33 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-207-7827. Nautical items, souvenirs, clothes, lighthouse models, homemade fudge, jams, taffy, maple syrup, Minnetonka moccasins, Maine tourmaline, lobster traps and buoys.
- Country Store Antiques - 410 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-207-667-5922.
- Starry Night Antiques - 1147 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-207-667-3911.
- Sewing by the Sea  - 11 Periwinkle Lane. Tel: +1-207-664-2558. Fabrics for quilts, garments, outerwear and home décor, plus notions, patterns and books and Pfaff sewing machines.
- Phil Alley's Acadia Weathervanes  - 749 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-800-698-5538.
- Bar Harbor Weathervanes and Cupolas  - 852 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-800-255-5025
- Black Sheep Trading Company  - 727 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-207-664-7474. Sheepskin products.
- Wood-N-Needles - 183 Jordan River Road. Tel: +1-207-667-8039.
- Trenton Market Place - 1007 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-207-667-9597. IGA supermarket.
- C & G Mini Store - 368 Goose Cove Road, West Trenton. Tel: +1-207-667-8945. General store.
- Gateway Lunt's Lobster Pound, 1133 Bar Harbor Rd (across Rte. 3 from the airport at intersection of Rte. 230), ☎ +1-207-667-2620. Seasonal. Indoor and outdoor dining, fabulous lobster rolls. edit
- Kathy's Breakfast and Chowder House, 952 Bar Harbor Rd, ☎ +1-207-667-7152, . Serves lobster in 14 different ways! edit
- Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound, 1237 Bar Harbor Rd (near the bridge to Thompson Island and Mount Desert Island), ☎ +1-207-667-2977, . Supplier of lobsters, clams, sea scallops and crabmeat, with seasonally open restaurant. Famous local institution, in business for more than 50 years. Operates one of the few local web cams. edit
- Trenton Lobster Pound & Real Pit BBQ, 324 Bar Harbor Rd., ☎ (207) 667-6320, . 11AM to 9PM. Seasonal. Maine lobster pound and Texas BBQ (pulled pork, ribs, chicken, excellent beef brisket). Indoor and outdoor seating. Dog-friendly. edit
You will pretty much have to travel to nearby Ellsworth or Bar Harbor for any nightlife!
There are a great many more motels and bed and breakfast establishments in Ellsworth and Bar Harbor quite near to Trenton.
- Acadia Gateway Motel  - 329 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-207-667-9458. Motel & cottages.
- Open Hearth Inn  - located near the airport at 1147 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-667-2930. Open year round.
- Sunrise Motel  - located near the airport at 952 Bar Harbor Road. Tel: +1-207-667-8452. Open from May to October only.
- Isleview Motel and Cottages, 1169 Bar Harbor Road, ☎ 207-667-5661, . Cabins, motel and budget rooms open May to October edit
- Acadia Information Center  - located right on Route 3 in Trenton, with very useful and absolutely free assistance in planning your visit to the Acadia National Park region. Tel: +1-207-667-8550.
- Trenton Town Hall - 59 Oak Point Road. Tel: +1-207-667-7207.
- Shopping can be done in Ellsworth, 5 minutes north up Route 3.