| Quick Facts
|| Italian Autonomous Region
|| Euro (€)
|| 6,212 km2
|| 534,405(2012 est)
Regionally Spoken:Ladin, Mócheno, Cimbrian, German
|| 230V, 50Hz (European or Italian plug)
| Time Zone
|| UTC +1 and UTC +2(DST)
Trentino, is a autonomous region in Northern Italy. It, along with South Tyrol composes the northernmost Italian autonomous administrative region of Trentino-South Tyrol. Trentino is known in Italy for its mountainous landscape.
- Trento - has a very nice medieval/renaissance city centre with a splendid cathedral and the Buonconsiglio castle, once the seat of the Bishopric of Trent and where the council of Trent was held
- Rovereto - small town with a medieval centre and castle also an important center for the production of Silk, Wine, Cheese, Chocolate, Glass, Rubber, and Coffee
- Arco - charming medieval town with a hilltop castle
- Tenno - picturesque medieval town with a castle just north of Lake Garda part of the club The most beautiful villages in Italy
- Rango - a frazione or parish of Bleggio Superiore, charming medieval town part of the club The most beautiful villages in Italy
- Ala - small medieval town
- Lake Ledro - popular among locals it is considered one of the cleanest of the region
- Rolle Pass - a high mountain pass with a spectuacular scenery
- St. Romedius Sanctuary - pretty church in the middle of the forest
- Eremo di San Colombano - an interesting hermitage carved out of the mountain side
- Earth Pyramids of Segonzano
- Lake Tuvel - picturesque lake which once took a bright red color due to the presence of an algae
- Toblino Castle - charming castle on an island in the middle of a lake
- Avio Castle - a nice castle on the mountainside
- Beseno Castle - huge castle on top of a hill
- Castel Pietra - castle in the town of Calliano
People & Culture
There are two railways leading into Trentino; the Valsugana Line, connecting Trento to Venice and the Trento-Malè-Marilleva railway between Trento and Malè.
The legal driving age in Trentino is 18, 17 with supervision of person with no more than 65 years, only if in possession of full A1/B1 licence.
Italian is the official and widely spoken language. However, Ladin, Mócheno, Cimbrian can also be heard being spoken as they are protected languages of the region.
As with the rest of Italy, the official currency is the Euro.
The legal drinking/purchasing age of alcoholic beverages is 18.