Travazzano is a small village located about 5 miles from the provincial city capital of Teramo in Italy's Abruzzo Region.
- Pescara Airport "Pasquale Lanzi", via Tiburtina (tel. 085 4313341)
- Take the road from Teramo to Montorio al Vomano. About 4 miles down the road you will see the signs for Valle San Giovanni. Travazzano is about 1 km along this road.
- The medieval church, Santa Maria di Ponte a Porto, located on the left bank of the Tordino river. Don't miss the 15th century fresco depicting The Madonna along with Saints Sebastian and Rocco
- The ruins of San Giovanni in Pergulis, located in nearby Valle San Giovanni.
- Olive Oil being pressed in the late fall at the Oleificio Alto Tordino. If you are fortunate the owner will take you to see one of his high performance racing cars.
- The workshop of the local idraulico, Gabriele Quieti.
- Go fishing at the local pond.
- Olive oil from the Oleificio Alto Tordino .
Eat & Drink
No stores are located in this village. You will need to hike up to Bar Novanta run by Francesca Marini in Valle San Giovanni. For chow you will have to go to Teramo or to Fabiocchi, an agriturismo located in Frondarola located just 1 km to the east.
- Casale, Via del Casale, Sn, ☎ +1-301-571-8252, . Small villa in village center of Valle San Giovanni. Sleeps 6. $340-420 euro/week. edit
- Visit the acheological museum in Teramo, the fortress in Civitella del Tronto, the ceramics center of Castelli, the religious mecca of San Gabriele, the Gran Sasso (the highest peak in the Apennine Mountain Range), or the nearby beachtown of Giulianova. All within a short drive.