Scarborough is a district in Toronto.
Major highways leading into Scarborough are the 401 and 407 Express Toll Route . The 407 charges a toll that is depended on the time of day you enter the highway, distance travelled, vehicle class, and correct mounting of a vehicle transponder. Out of province vehicles are charged also through a bill by mail.
GO Transit  offers regular commuter train and bus service to Toronto and throughout the GTA. Main train connections are at the Rouge Hill, Guildwood, Eglinton, and Scarborough stations. The Stouffville line offers limited rush hour service to and from downtown Toronto with stops at Milliken, Agincourt and Kennedy stations in Scarborough.
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)  provides bus and subway service within Scarborough and throughout all of the city.
Scarborough is a beautiful location. You should see: Milliken Park (a lovely park), Rouge Park (full of Nature and Wildlife), and the Scarborough Town Centre (massive shopping mall).
The Scarborough Bluffs, , are located and stretched 14 kmkm along the shoreline of Lake Ontario. The highest cliff is 65 m (213 ft) and the views of the waves crashing along the shore are beautiful. Definitely a must see and there are no entry fees. Paddleboard lessons are available through Paddleboard Addict at Bluffers Marina which take you around the marina, the bluffs, and beach.
The Toronto Zoo, , is located in Scarborough and is Canada's premier zoo showcasing over 5,000 animals. The award winning Gorilla Rainforest is a main attraction at the zoo and one of its most popular pavilions. Hours of operation are located on the website as well as directions to the zoo. Prices range from $12-20 depending on age and children under three years of age are free.
Highland Creek Village, is located on Old Kingston Road between Military Trail and Lawson Road. Eat at Amazing Teds, Fratelli Village Pizzeria, or Shamrock Burgers.
Scarborough Museum, is located in Thompson Park, off of Brimley Road. Go back in time as you walk through multiple dwellings constructed in Scarborough's earliest years. Learn about how the first settlers in Scarborough lived, ate, and did business.
The Scarborough Town Centre, Brimley Rd. and McCowan Rd. (off the 401), . Stores and services. Open M-F 10AM-9PM and 9:30AM-7PM on Saturdays and 11AM-6PM on Sundays.
Agincourt Mall, 3850 Sheppard Ave. East, ☎ +1 416 291-7761.
Cedarbrae Mall, 3495 Lawrence Avenue East, ☎ +1 416 431-1550.
Malvern Town Centre, 31 Tapscott Rd, ☎ +1 416 297-4786.
Morningside Mall, 255 Morningside Ave, ☎ +1 416 284-6993.
- The Amazing Ted's Restaurant, 404 Old Kingston Rd, ☎ +1 416 282-2204. Old fashion diner in Highland Creek. A bit of a historical site as multiple movies and television shows have been shot here. $10-25. edit
- St. Andrews Fish and Chips, 1589 Ellesmere Rd, ☎ +1 416 431-6574, . Traditional 'fish and chips'. Also supply deep fried Mars bars. edit
- King Georges Arms, 2501 Victoria Park Ave, ☎ +1 416 492-8036. Known for having the best wings in Scarborough, King Georges Arms is also a pub and attraction for late night drinks. Prices per person range from $11-25. The wings are definitely a high recommendation! edit
- Real McCoy Burgers and Pizza, 1033 Markham Rd, ☎ +1 416 439-6804. 10AM-1AM. This fast food restaurant with good pizza and burgers. It's a simple take-out restaurant with no seating environment and is open for late-night requirements. Closed on Sundays. Under $25. edit
- Noah's Ark, 2777 Avenue Danforth, ☎ +1 416 690-6222. Fun country bar, with pool tables, kareoke, dance floor and live bands. edit
- The Amazing Ted's Restaurant, 404 Old Kingston Rd, ☎ +1 416 282-2204. Old fashion diner in Highland Creek. A bit of a historical site. $10-25. edit
- Holiday Inn Express, 50 Estate Dr, ☎ +1 416 439-9666. 3 star, with high-speed internet access, continental breakfast, fitness centre and business facilities. edit
- Travelodge, 20 Milner Business Court (Hwy 401 & Markham Rd), ☎ +1 416 299-9500. All rooms feature swipe-card access, work desk, in-room coffee, voice mail, irons and ironing boards, in-room movies, and a 25 inch TV. Free wi fi access and an indoor pool. edit
- Delta Toronto East, 2035 Kennedy Rd (Kennedy and Highway 401), ☎ +1 416 299-1500 (fax: +1 416 299-8959). Nearby the Toronto Zoo, with easy access to downtown Toronto. Free continental breakfast each morning, high speed wifi, cableTV with movies. 20,000² ft atrium houses a large swimming pool, saunas, whirlpool, exercise room and squash court. edit
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language