Tonghua (通化; Tōnghuà) is a city in Jilin Province.
- Baihe - 6-8 hours; ¥21-47
- Beijing - 17 hours; ¥132-399
- Dandong - 5 hours
- Changchun - 7 hours; ¥32-106
- Shenyang - 6-8 hours; ¥30-187
Changchun takes 4 hours (but recommended not to take it when the roads are icy)
- Goguryeo Ancient sites - from the train station in Tonghua to Ji'an (where the sites are located) is about 120 kilometers. Either find a taxi (roughly 1.5 hours) or take a bus (the bus ride being approximately 2.5 hours). This UNESCO World Heritage Site consists of four areas. Haotaiwang Stele, the General's Tomb (AKA as Tomb of Ran Mou), and Cemetery of the Noblemen at Yushan are all fairly close to each other (within a kilometer or two). A short taxi ride to Wandu Mountain would take ten or so minutes. Most of the tombs look like big mounds of grass or rocks. Hours: 8:30AM to 4:00PM Price: 100RMB for a ticket to see all four sites, individual tickets are 30RMB.
- Shun Feng Hot Pot Restaurant, ☎ +86 0435 3243808. edit
- Dongshan Guest House, 1 Jingyu Road, ☎ +86 0435 3618105 (fax: +86 0435 3614197). edit
Sunrise over North Korean mountains
- North Korea- separated by the Yalu river, North Korea is just a stone's throw away from Ji'an. Take a boat ride down the river, watch the sunrise over the North Korean mountains, etc.