Tomakomai (苫小牧) is a port city in Hokkaido, Japan.
Tomakomai is the junction point for the JR Muroran, Hidaka and Chitose lines. The trip from Sapporo, via Chitose airport, takes about 45-60 min depending on train type.
Tomakomai is best known as a major port, with shipping services to points throughout Honshu. There are two separate terminals, both served by local buses from JR Tomakomai station (~20 min to either) and by long-distance buses direct from Sapporo (around 1:30).
- Tomakomai-ko Ferry Terminal (苫小牧港フェリーターミナル). (42.638568,141.634626) edit
- Kawasaki Kinkai Kisen 'Silver Ferry' (川崎近海汽船 「シルバーフェリー」), . To Hachinohe, 4x/day. edit
- Shosen Mitsui Ferry 'Sunflower' (商船三井フェリー 「さんふらわあ」), . To Oarai, 2x/day. edit
- Taiheiyo Ferry (太平洋フェリ), . To Sendai (daily) and Nagoya (3-4x/week). edit
- Tomakomai-ko East Ferry Terminal (苫小牧東港周文フェリーターミナル). This terminal is home for Shin-Nihonkai Ferry. (42.609801,141.819742) edit
- Shin-Nihonkai Ferry Tomakomai Terminal (新日本海フェリー 苫小牧東ターミナル), Hamaatsuma 17-6, Atsuma, ☎ +81 0145 28-2800, . This ferry has lines connecting daily to Tsuruga and Akita, and to Niigata 3 times a week. (42.609801,141.819742) edit
- Northern Horse Park, (A free shuttle bus service operates out of Shin-Chitose airport every hour.), ☎ +81 (0)144-58-2116, . Northern Horse Park' is 50 hectares of natural parkland where you can enjoy an entire day of horseback riding or cycling. edit